Away Match Day Thread 10-04-2021 L1 Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fordes contract is up and he will be off if the 20 squad size is retained
Hanson is in contract. I would be surprised if the club could afford to pay him off.

Hanson maybe could be right back cover and CDM cover next season if we can't loan him out. Forde is a decent player but just not a Henry or Branagan standard and surely we will be looking at bringing in another ball playing midfielder to give competition to Brannagan.

Possibly the lack of edge is one of the reasons football has difficulties bringing through young fans. Less danger, less excitement.
I think so, it's a bit of a myth that the rave scene in this country "died out", go to a Warehouse Rave and you'll find several of the kind of lads who probably used to get up to mischief at the football

I can't see any way that the squad number will be capped at 20. The Championship is 25 and it will almost certainly be the same in leagues 1 and 2.

Whether we keep Sykes and others will really depend on who we've got lined up to come in rather than any limits on squad size.
Aren't the players union currently threatening a legal challenge if it is not dropped?

While he was good today, let's not forget how inconsistent he has been this year. Do we have the room in the squad to keep him as a fringe player if we are also looking to bolster up the midfield and more defensive cover? It all depends on if a squad number cap is to be used next season.
I think he is one of those players that will get better, yes he hasn’t been consistent enough but he’s not the only one.
I would also like to see Elliott Lee signed permanently.

Problem is next season is meant to be a 20 man squad cap , this includes 2 keepers. So 18 outfield players. If Sykes does get a new contract it may mean one of Hanson or Forde leaving.
Aren’t they looking to change the rule sake as the wage cap.

I think he is one of those players that will get better, yes he hasn’t been consistent enough but he’s not the only one.
I would also like to see Elliott Lee signed permanently.
I'm not sure about Elliott Lee. Maybe he's still getting up to full fitness but like Shodipo earlier in the season, I see him as someone who has glimpses of very good play amongst some pretty ordinary performances.

I'm not sure about Elliott Lee. Maybe he's still getting up to full fitness but like Shodipo earlier in the season, I see him as someone who has glimpses of very good play amongst some pretty ordinary performances.
I think he is good at holding up the ball and Has a good footballing brain and gets into the positions when required.

If we want to get promotion next year the midfield has got to get goals and assists . In so many games when we are being pressed Sykes doesn't look strong enough and resorts to petty fouls. Yesterday he was given time and room and looked good I feel there are better players out there .Henry looked good and can pop up at any time with a goal.I would like to see Clare in the middle he's scoring and creating alot for Burton and good athlete. If the investment comes it could be an exciting preseason.

EyoN8OKWQAA58O8

If we want to get promotion next year the midfield has got to get goals and assists . In so many games when we are being pressed Sykes doesn't look strong enough and resorts to petty fouls. Yesterday he was given time and room and looked good I feel there are better players out there .Henry looked good and can pop up at any time with a goal.I would like to see Clare in the middle he's scoring and creating alot for Burton and good athlete. If the investment comes it could be an exciting preseason.
scored 1 goal this season,

How many players do we have in our squad now and does that include loanees?
I think Sykes is worth keeping and will get better and surely is an asset. But then if we’re looking at bringing McGuane in who knows?

If the squad is 20 Bazzer, we won't be able to keep Henry, Forde and Sykes (if we want to bring anyone else in)
I know but I think I read or heard somewhere that after the wage cap was dropped that the 20 man squad would be terminated and gi back to how it was. Hopefully back to as it was.

Crewe might not have helped themselves but no credit given to the opposition whatsoever! Nuts

He gave Burton no credit for hammering them either by the sounds of it. No class, KR does usually acknowledge the opposition when we get hammered/outplayed as well as discussing our performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom