Home Match Day Thread 17/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
EnFpyvQW8AMFKpA

The Wigan Athletic match this Saturday must see a big improvement in performance if we are to get a positive result.

To be fair, when you work for the club (and your office is at the training ground for good measure), and you’re only paid your salary to work on its behalf, you don’t really have much scope to give it the old, “Well we’ve been complete bloody garbage lately, haven’t we? What are you going to do about it, eh?!” It would be a bit like expecting Cummings to drag Johnson out into the street and start laying into him in front of some waiting television cameras. They’re on the same side. Or at least they were until recently, in Dom’s case.

DISCLAIMER: I’m not directly comparing Chris Williams to Dominic Cummings. CW isn’t as dangerous to society (for the most part) and has a much better physique.
Yes of course, very well put, and I understand all that. It's still frustrating for anyone wanting to hear what's actually going on/ get any kind of insight into the current mess.

In September after watching the Lincoln game I wrote the following message;

My take on the Wycombe, Wimbledon and Lincoln games!
Regardless of the players involved, the set up and style or method of play has been disappointingly the same IMO.

• Constantly overplaying the sideways and backwards passes (I understand it is obviously useful at times) which allows any defending team time to organise their defence.
  • From throw ins, we still constantly go backwards and never seem to try and advance down the touchline until we are chasing the game.
  • From a lot of our throw ins, even inside the opposition half, the ball ends up around our penalty area in 2 moves!
  • We don't show any sign of urgency until we are again chasing the game.
  • So at the moment, until KR adopts a different philosophy (set up), even potential speedier players are unlikely to benefit when all the oppostion players have loads off time to organise their defence.
  • And I wont even mention corners at either end.
  • This is not a kneejerk reaction but a genuine concern for the way we progress this season.
following my concerns after that 1st league game I was hoping to see a gradual improvement from the players and/or a change in formation to suit the players we actually have! It is obvious that neither of those hopes has materialised. Even Rhodes-Brown mentioned in the commentary that the formation should have changed when we brought Winnall on and for him to play alongside Taylor, and not as a straightforward replacement!
If KR is stubbornly not going to change formation (or plan B) then he has to select "round peg" players to fit into the "round peg" positions of his formation. If those players reguarly under perform in those positions he has to give a chance to someone else. At the moment it seems that certain players are not under any threat, (regardless of performance) of being dropped whilst others who are "champing at the bit" are not even in the squad?

Anyway, my rare rant is over and I will probably pay my tenner on Saturday and hope I get entertained, preferably by us rather than the opposition!

Tell me who picks the combination of players who play, the tactics they play, directions from the touchline?
Who lets a shot go flying through his hands? Who gets caught in no mans land and gets lobbed against Peterborough? Who gets caught out of position because he switches off? It’s not KR. You cannot blame the manager for the poor decisions that individuals make. Players have to be held accountable.

Who lets a shot go flying through his hands? Who gets caught in no mans land and gets lobbed against Peterborough? Who gets caught out of position because he switches off? It’s not KR. You cannot blame the manager for the poor decisions that individuals make. Players have to be held accountable.
But you can blame the manager if he keeps picking those same players regardless of performance week after week!!

But you can blame the manager if he keeps picking those same players regardless of performance week after week!!
I don’t disagree with you there but he has to show faith in some of the more experienced players. Henry, Ruffels and Eastwood have close to 300 OUFC appearances between them so if you cannot rely on those players when times get tough, who can you rely on?

Personally, I think all three of them should be dropped. I think Obita is better than Ruffels, I think Henry is non-existent right now and Eastwood has popadom hands.

Let’s see the size of KR’s gonads come 3pm because something has to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom