Away Match Build Up 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He doesn’t suit the Des Buckingham way apparently, according to the football oracles on here. He will be off in the summer, too good to hang around. Would flourish under Robinson, according to one comment I read.
At this moment in time then Bennett fits in with Des’s style better than Leigh.
That doesn’t mean he will be off in the summer though as there might still be a place for him in the side.

And yes he would have fitted very well into a Robinson side.

He doesn’t suit the Des Buckingham way apparently, according to the football oracles on here. He will be off in the summer, too good to hang around. Would flourish under Robinson, according to one comment I read.
I'm assuming you're a miserable, contrary, 'told you so' type character in life generally and not just on here for our benefit.

He's really not as unplayable as you make out

I just don't get why Leigh is not a starter in the suggested sides listed.
Great to be so spoiled for choice in a position in all honesty and fair play to Bennett for giving Leigh a headache. Bennett is probably the most balanced and reliable full back we’ve had at the club in years, but what can an opponent do to stop an on-song marauding Greg Leigh attacking the far post? Fresh off a goal for Jamaica too.

Good problem for Des to have but he has to do what compliments the team. Are we good/cohesive enough for Greg Leigh to play his natural game? I’d argue it’s probably better to start the game with Bennett at the moment.

I'm assuming you're a miserable, contrary, 'told you so' type character in life generally and not just on here for our benefit.
Actually in real life Dick Walton is a young primary school teacher called Hannah. She's apparently lovely, obvs being on here brings out the worst in her.

I just don't get why Leigh is not a starter in the suggested sides listed.

1) He played 102 minutes for Jamaica last Thursday, he played another 90 minutes for them on Sunday, and he's just flown back from Texas
2) Joe Bennett is a really good player
3) For a long, rambling tactical discussion about why Bennett may be a better bet than Leigh right now in Des' system anyway, see the Jay Matete thread.......

1) He played 102 minutes for Jamaica last Thursday, he played another 90 minutes for them on Sunday, and he's just flown back from Texas
2) Joe Bennett is a really good player
3) For a long, rambling tactical discussion about why Bennett may be a better bet than Leigh right now in Des' system anyway, see the Jay Matete thread.......
Oh.
I thought this WAS the Jay Matete thread🤔

Having finally spoken to the ticket office, you can collect tickets from the away ticket office from 1.30pm tomorrow.
Shouldnt the Head of Communications ensure customers supporters are aware of this, literally as soon as the club have that information?

Shouldnt the Head of Communications ensure customers supporters are aware of this, literally as soon as the club have that information?
You might have thought the club would update the ticket info once they no longer were posting tickets out.
It is also confusing when email confirmations are sent to you saying it is a print at home ticket.

REF WATCH

FmgoX9KXkAAc4v_

London based referee Sam Purkiss is in charge of the Good Friday clash with Shrewsbury at the Croud Meadow.
Promoted to the EFL in 2019, Purkiss has refereed 29 games this season issuing 128 yellow cards and eleven reds including both Greg Leigh and Mark Harris who were dismissed during the 1-2 home defeat to Port Vale on September 2nd last year.

GGxty0YXMAAB60_
Oh god he’s s**t. Seems to start off well in games and gets worse as it goes on.

I wonder if this terrible weather could affect some games tomorrow?

Just fifty minutes for us tomorrow. Poured down nearly so day. Time we dished out a whopping! 1-4 win.

The home fan’s thoughts of the game. They have 5 or 6 out by the sound of it and it is mixed bag when it comes to their predictions.
Sounds like a fan base who will be just happy to stay up and enjoy their summer!

Back
Top Bottom