Away Match Build Up 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please just a horrible 1-0 win will do. No go and do it in style ,we could have Edwards back as well plenty of firepower let's score 3 and play really well. We have had plenty of time to get it right Let's get at them from the off COYY

REF WATCH

FmgoX9KXkAAc4v_

London based referee Sam Purkiss is in charge of the Good Friday clash with Shrewsbury at the Croud Meadow.
Promoted to the EFL in 2019, Purkiss has refereed 29 games this season issuing 128 yellow cards and eleven reds including both Greg Leigh and Mark Harris who were dismissed during the 1-2 home defeat to Port Vale on September 2nd last year.

GGxty0YXMAAB60_

I think so if we want to reach the play offs ,next 3 games we need 3 wins ,then we have 3 really tough games.

Yes definitely 3 points or we can forget play offs. I know....not mathematically but realistically one of the remaining games we must win.

Cumming
Stevens - Moore - Brown - Bennett
Rodrigues - Brannagan - McGuane
Dale - Harris - Murphy

The front 3 writes itself at the minute. Whether Rodrigues or McGuane should be starting is up for debate but don't have many other options with Matete going back.

I predict another fairly dull game, but ultimately a comfortable 2-0 win.

Cumming
Dale - Harris - Murphy

The front 3 writes itself at the minute. Whether Rodrigues or McGuane should be starting is up for debate but don't have many other options with Matete going back.

Canā€™t really disagree with that. I think we will win by two, probably 3-1. As you say, unlikely to be too exhilarating but we will get the job done.

Canā€™t really disagree with that. I think we will win by two, probably 3-1. As you say, unlikely to be too exhilarating but we will get the job done.
I like this new found positivity about our prospects šŸ˜

Is it a "must win" ? :)

3-1 to us...........
No itā€™s not. We need 14 points out of the next 21 IMO so we can afford to drop a few points.
Having said that, it is a game I expect us to win.

3-1 to the mighty Uā€™s.
Iā€™d imagine that we will be playing in the red and black kit which will cheer @Sarge up!

Cumming
Stevens Moore Brown Bennett
Brannagan
Rodrigues Bodin
Dale Harris Murphy​

Subs: Eastwood, Leigh, Long, Goodhram, Browne, Henry, McEachran

As Jason Donovan sang in Joseph "any win will do".

I'm feeling oddly confident. Not sure if thats based on anything more than the sun is shining..

Come on you yellows!

The Jason Donovan reference works because he is married and his kids with an to Oxfordshire girl, plus the actor who played his onscreen brother, the dastardly Paul Robinson, played by Stefan Dennis lived at Cumnor Hill for a while, once saw him in the pub up that way whose name escapes me, which was also a regular haunt of ex Oxford manager Dennis Smith, although don't know if they ever crossed paths.

Cumming
Dale - Harris - Murphy

Not in the know at all but I have a feeling we won't see McGuane again.

Back
Top Bottom