Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swindon defence is poor. Taylor should have put us 2-0 up, but we should still be aiming for 4 or 5 here!

Right. Don’t get me wrong, that was a great half. We’re winning, we’ve dominated. But I’ve never been more nervous. Why?

We’re somehow only 1-0 up! Matty Taylor missed an absolutely golden, golden chance to make it 2-0. It was an open goal from a few yards out! How did he miss?!

Other than that, Kelly and McGuane have been a revelation, full of energy, running and clever passing. Most of the team have been good or ok but they’ve been great.

Henry is the big disappointment for me, he’s not done much and a massive contrast to how Clare was last time out against Portsmouth. A Sean Clare out there on that kind of form and we’re winning by more, I’m sure of it. The fullbacks have also been quite dodgy defensively.

So yeah, by rights we should win this game comfortably by three or four goals to nil, but it only takes one chance for them and suddenly all that good work is for nothing...

HT.

The good - everyone in the midfield, 90% of what Matty Taylor has done, Atkinson and Moore travelling with the ball, 1-0 up, Gorrin marauding about, Swindon having to revise things due to injuries, the desire to win possession back,

The not so good - fullbacks haven't been great against quick opponents, that Taylor miss was horrific, we've gifted the ball away a few too many times.

We'd all take it but feel we need more to stamp our authority on this. Another goal and that Taylor miss is forgotten about.

Oh and hahahaha to that early Swindon effort that ballooned up in the air.

On this form and with how other players are playing, Henry doesn’t get into the team next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom