Home Match Day Thread 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start with the 4-4-2 diamond again today with Taylor and agyei up top midfield would be gorrin maguane Brannigan Whyte with Whyte behind in the #10 role back
Four forde Moore JT Seddon GK obviously Stevens
Ah, the joy of punctuation. I spent quite a while wondering what "top midfield" was ;)

Ah, the joy of punctuation. I spent quite a while wondering what "top midfield" was ;)
I’ve said before and will say again I dunno what punctuation is.I forgot to go to school unfortunately.

Last edited:
let's hope for another home win for the yellows and if we start to convert our chances we are going to give someone a thrashing soon. 3-1 home win for me with Matty Taylor 2 and Elliot Moore header.

We have six wingers but don’t play any of them?
Holland has been ill.
Cooper hasn’t featured, so can’t be expected to come straight in.
Bodin is injured.
Williams is injured, or only just coming back from injury.
Agyei has struggled on the wing.

That leaves Whyte, who would no doubt be played on the left, where he hasn’t exactly been pulling up trees, to allow Sykes to play on the right, where he’s most effective.

So with that in mind, I thought maybe a compact diamond, with Sykes or Whyte at the tip, giving Agyei a chance to partner Taylor up front, might be an interesting option.

A similar set up worked quite well recently..

Stevens
Forde Moore Thorniley Seddon
Gorrin Brannagan Henry
Whyte Taylor Holland

2 nil Oxford, Taylor and Henry.

Any kind of result would be welcome. And a goal or two please. Hopefully our injury crisis is starting to ease now and we can start to settle.

How do we think attendance will be folks , I was slightly disappointed by the crowd at Charlton - do we think people haven’t quite finished their holidays up?

How do we think attendance will be folks , I was slightly disappointed by the crowd at Charlton - do we think people haven’t quite finished their holidays up?
I should imagine 7500 maybe.I was also abit disappointed by the charlton attendance simply because people haven’t been able to go. But you have to consider some people have found new hobbies some people are no longer with us RIP to those and some people are on holidays still.

Last edited:
I just hope we don't boo Appleton. Absolutely no reason to. You couldn't begrudge him leaving for Leicester at the time. People need to move on.

Was anyone planning on booing Mapp? Even discounting the obvious sympathy and well-wishes in regards to his illness - why on earth would they do that?! He left entirely understandably for a big wad of cash and had the sense and foresight to avoid the a**e end of DE’s ownership - with the club in the best position it had been for countless years to that point.

He’ll get hearty applause before the game from me - along with my gratitude for his work with us, and well wishes given his recent illness. He and Denis Smith remain my favourite OUFC managers ever (I’m 36 for context - so ‘football memory’ back to the early 90’s).

Then once the game starts I hope we pummel his Lincoln side all over the pitch. But at the full time whistle I’ll wish Mapp well once more! I really enjoyed his style of play and management whilst here - and hope he continues to be successful when not managing teams coming up against us!

22 August 1962, Oxford 2 Lincoln 1, first ever League win, second game after the 2-3 at Barrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom