Away Match Day Thread 27/02/2021 L1 MK Dons v OUFC

I didn’t even think Shodipo was that bad today. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t awful.
I also think although he gave a few fouls away today, he did this because he is trying to work harder to win the ball back than he was earlier in the season. Clearly this has been coached into him. To be honest, I wouldn't mind it if we could sign him permanently. He is has a lot of talent and a lot of room to develop further.

He's not a goalscorer? Didn't his goal along with Ruffles last year at Shrewsbury get us in the play offs? He also nearly scored twice in the 20 minutes he had on the pitch today. He is a striker but Karl keeps trying him as a winger and expecting him to learn that role .

Agyei was more dangerous in the last 20 mins today than the rest of the front 3 have been in the last 340 minutes of football, If Robbo doesn't give him a chance now in the team serious questions needs to be asked why.
But he also has utterly crap games as well when he doesn’t even look like a professional player.I think it’s about 50/50 on good and crap performances from him.

8 goals in 22 League appearances, almost half of those from the bench. That's not bad, especially as it's his first season playing regularly.
Fair enough, he's popped up with a few goals here and there, particularly during our good run in December and January, but even then, apart from the goals, he was offering very little else, and for me, quite often stood out as a weak link, often losing possession, terrible ball control, and large periods where he's anonymous in games.

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe other people are seeing something in him that I'm not, but personally, taking into account his overall performances, and what I expect from a winger, apart from a few goals, I've never been impressed by him.

Of course I'd love him to prove me wrong, and if he does, I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, but from what I've seen of him so far, I'm not holding my breath..

Shodipo was wasteful and has been in several important games. He’s not a bad player just wasteful

Fair enough, he's popped up with a few goals here and there, particularly during our good run in December and January, but even then, apart from the goals, he was offering very little else, and for me, quite often stood out as a weak link, often losing possession, terrible ball control, and large periods where he's anonymous in games.

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe other people are seeing something in him that I'm not, but personally, taking into account his overall performances, and what I expect from a winger, apart from a few goals, I've never been impressed by him.

Of course I'd love him to prove me wrong, and if he does, I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, but from what I've seen of him so far, I'm not holding my breath..
For goodness sake, cut the guy some slack. It's his first season in regular first team football. And one goal less than Matt Taylor thus far, I think? For whom, no goals in how many games is it now?

For goodness sake, cut the guy some slack. It's his first season in regular first team football. And one goal less than Matt Taylor thus far, I think? For whom, no goals in how many games is it now?
Goals per game L1
Shodipo 0.61
Taylor 0.47
Only 4 players in L1 are better than Shodipo.
Clarke Harris
Wyke
Jephcott
Aneke
He also has the best goal conversion and shot accuracy rates in the whole of L1 this season. Give the boy a break. I like him!!

Goals per game L1
Shodipo 0.61
Taylor 0.47
Only 4 players in L1 are better than Shodipo.
Clarke Harris
Wyke
Jephcott
Aneke
He also has the best goal conversion and shot accuracy rates in the whole of L1 this season. Give the boy a break. I like him!!
You're right, he's a world beater, thank God he's here

There seemed to me there was a couldnt give a f**k attitude until the subs came on,shidipoo seemed to fall over all the time looking for a foul ....he did do some good things so i wont be too hard on him....sykes and Agyei seemed to inject a bit of passion .....we gained a point .....we were lucky.

There seemed to me there was a couldnt give a f**k attitude until the subs came on,shidipoo seemed to fall over all the time looking for a foul ....he did do some good things so i wont be too hard on him....sykes and Agyei seemed to inject a bit of passion .....we gained a point .....we were lucky.
Why were we lucky? Look at the highlights, they had one decent chance and scored. We had a number of chances and the least we deserved was a point.

Back
Top Bottom