Away Match Day Thread 27/02/2021 L1 MK Dons v OUFC

Yep, I thought the subs were quite late. Great we have game changing subs though.
I think part of the problem is the amount of time it takes to actually get them on the pitch.

Once Robbo decides to make the changes, it takes 5-10 mins for them to get themselves ready, then to have their gps monitors set up and put on.

I don't understand why they can't already be suited and booted, and ready to go if called upon, from the start.

Well done on battling for the point, we can't win every week.

Up the U's!
As long as we win on Tuesday that point yesterday was a good result lose on Tuesday and then 2 points out of 12 really doesn’t look great for a team hoping to make the play offs

I think part of the problem is the amount of time it takes to actually get them on the pitch.

Once Robbo decides to make the changes, it takes 5-10 mins for them to get themselves ready, then to have their gps monitors set up and put on.

I don't understand why they can't already be suited and booted, and ready to go if called upon, from the start.

MK dons bought Jerome and Grigg on way before our triple change so that excuse isn't valid.
Robbo relies too much of the players already on the pitch changing their fortunes and that's his downfall.

Let's be honest, if Taylor had gone in two footed like that anywhere else on the pitch, it would've been a straight red!

haha... yeah, just had another look on the highlights.

At the time I thought it was a simple block but I hold my hands up, that looked pretty reckless.

But goalkeepers are red carded for handling outside the area so a yellow yesterday after their keeper brought down Dan was the wrong colour card.

Only from highlights, I don't think it was a Red for stopping a goalscoring opportunity as Agyei was going to wide. But I do think there is a very good argument for a Red Card for a dangerous tackle as the keeper was so late with the ball gone and he had no control over the challenge which could easily have injured Agyei.

MK dons bought Jerome and Grigg on way before our triple change so that excuse isn't valid.
Robbo relies too much of the players already on the pitch changing their fortunes and that's his downfall.
I agree, he takes too long to change things, but then when he finally decides to change things, it takes forever to actually get them on the pitch, due to the amount of faffing involved.

All subs, underneath their tracksuits, should be in full kit, including shin pads, and already wearing their gps vests, and ready to go at a moments notice, then maybe, coupled with earlier decision making from Robbo, we could make changes quicker, instead of deciding on 65 mins what changes he wants to make, but then not actually getting them on the pitch until 75mins.

Only from highlights, I don't think it was a Red for stopping a goalscoring opportunity as Agyei was going to wide. But I do think there is a very good argument for a Red Card for a dangerous tackle as the keeper was so late with the ball gone and he had no control over the challenge which could easily have injured Agyei.
Not goalscoring? With one or two touches inside he would have had an empty net to roll the ball into.

Still a red card offence remeber Easty handled outside the area and was sent of her brought down Agyei if hadn’t there is a very good possibility that Agyei would got to tha hall and scored.

Maybe if Agyei has been brought in earlier we may have scored another but until he came on we didn’t look like we could hit a barn door
We got lucky that Winnall had to go off because otherwise Agyei would’ve been farmed out onto the left wing where he can’t play, and he wouldn’t have been in the position to get the foul off the keeper, or get on the end of crosses into the box, both in terms of forcing a good save from and then getting the knock down for the equaliser. His presence pinned MK back - he made them drop deep and stopped them pushing forward because they knew there was a threat. Their centre back Harry Darling looked like Maldini all game, and then he spent 15 minutes worrying about Agyei and looked average. The plan was for Winnall to be there and Agyei to be on the wide left, with no idea what to do and not being able to track back because he has no idea how to mark an attacking full back. It was a lucky break, although it occurring at the expense of a player getting injured makes the word ‘lucky’ feel a bit off.

Either way, Winnall coming on and then going pretty much straight off is the only reason we got to see Agyei play his natural game at all, which turned the game. That’s why most of the highlights are from 75 onwards and Agyei is in basically all of the clips. Robinson could’ve brought him on at half time and it wouldn’t have made a difference if he was being sent to wander around the left flank looking lost, and being blamed for their right wing back (who was already having a worldie) having a free run at Ruffels. Which is exactly what would’ve happened, and then he’d have been out of the squad all over again with his poor performance being used as ‘proof’ that he isn’t up to it. Despite the fact that playing Agyei on the wing is the equivalent of playing someone like Brannagan at right back. The more it doesn’t work, the more it becomes the manager’s fault for repeatedly doing something that he knows affects the team negatively. You can only blame players for so long before the question becomes, “So why do you keep doing it?”

At least we’ve finally reached the point where everybody knows once and for all that Agyei can only play centrally. Kinniburgh said the same after the match: “I think that’s the only position he can play.” So let’s hope that any times we do see him again, it’s down the middle. Otherwise it’s a waste of everybody’s time, and would only confirm once and for all that Robinson is the one with the problem by repeatedly doing something he knows doesn’t work.

I agree, he takes too long to change things, but then when he finally decides to change things, it takes forever to actually get them on the pitch, due to the amount of faffing involved.

All subs, underneath their tracksuits, should be in full kit, including shin pads, and already wearing their gps vests, and ready to go at a moments notice, then maybe, coupled with earlier decision making from Robbo, we could make changes quicker, instead of deciding on 65 mins what changes he wants to make, but then not actually getting them on the pitch until 75mins.
The uncanny thing is that if we have to get someone on quick due to an injury it happens within a couple of minutes!!

I can also see why agyei being brought down could be seen to be not a red, as it happened quite a way out, agyei was heading out to the corner of the area so would still have had quite a bit to do which would have allowed the defender to get back.

Exactly, the ref has just seen what Agyei does when presented with an open goal...

Personally think Antony Forde is being criminally under used. Deserves a run of games in midfield in my opinion, never really has a bad game. Like Sam Long and Josh Ruffels in previous seasons his versatility has stopped him from cementing down a spot. In the games against both Portsmouth and Mk dons he’s came on and it seems like we’ve just had a flurry of good chances. Not a better crosser of the ball in the team absolute peach of a cross he put in for Agyei to set up Lee yesterday.

Personally think Antony Forde is being criminally under used. Deserves a run of games in midfield in my opinion, never really has a bad game. Like Sam Long and Josh Ruffels in previous seasons his versatility has stopped him from cementing down a spot. In the games against both Portsmouth and Mk dons he’s came on and it seems like we’ve just had a flurry of good chances. Not a better crosser of the ball in the team absolute peach of a cross he put in for Agyei to set up Lee yesterday.
I agree about the cross. When he hit I thought B*****s that’s too high and too long, but it was spot on.

Back
Top Bottom