Home Match Day Thread 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly expect him to come out and say, "we're fucked, might as well play the kids!!"
No, just say we’ve given ourselves a big mountain to climb, but we’re going to go there and give it our all etc, not the tie is a long way from being over.

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, you're welcome back on this forum anytime.

Good luck in the final.

Thanks Mad dog, appreciate that (although I'm still not thinking about the final yet - we all know what footballs like for smashing your dreams!). If we are playing each other next season at the Kassam I'll make a point of going for a beer first and maybe some of you can fill me in on what it's been like the last 25 years or so of supporting the U's since my time at the Manor.

As tomorrow is nearly upon us, I figure that although It is a massive ask to get to the final, it can be done.
We will need to do three times what we have failed to do in any of the three games that we have played against them this season. Score!
We will need to score freely against one of the meanest defences in League 1.
They have worked us out to such a degree that a different approach is needed. Putting them on the back foot with the injuries we have will need to be a monumental effort from everyone.
For me, we need to choke the midfield and force them deeper and hopefully into mistakes. An early goal would help immensely and could dent their air of invincibility. Dan Agyei surely has to start, his hold up play, back to goal strength is a way for us to bring in the midfield support that will be crucial.

let’s be honest, we have it all to do.
They look like they are quite able to score more so we will need to play out of our skins just to stop them.
However it falls, it has been a season of highs and lows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom