Home Match Day Thread 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling strangely emotional to be honest. The idea of simply going to a football game, let alone one with something really riding on it, is beyond description at present. If there’s a sausage and chips to be had before I go through the turnstiles then I don’t think I’ll be able to hold it together.

Whether you’re going to be there or are watching it from afar, just enjoy it.

Can’t sleep. Haven’t been to a football game in over a year. I have work in less than 7 hours. Help!

Up the ox..

Let’s go lads, we got this. [emoji169][emoji170]

Has anyone else had their ticket allocated and money taken but not received tickets yet?

COYY!

Spirit of 2010!

I’ll be watching from afar. Those who will be there, sing your hearts out for the lads for the full 90+ minutes.

💛💙💛💙💛💙💛💙

Like last year’s game, I keep telling myself that it’s a bonus to get here, to play to our best and enjoy the game. I know that as the afternoon drifts on that the nerves will gradually increase! It’ll feel all very real by 5.55pm.

We can’t win the tie overall tonight but we can make sure that we’re not out of it. Even a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat keeps us in it but we obviously want to be going up to Blackpool with a win under our belts.

COYY!

Nervous not really at the moment get closer to kick off and probably will be are we going to win yes we are those in attendance make yourselves heard be loud be proud bash the s**t out of the chair next to you
COYY
#believe
This is our year the year of the ox

Goals, goals and more goals.......
What a fantastic last 4 or so weeks for both teams, both teams in form and the team that wins the tie will probably have to score 3 or 4 goals to progress to Wembley.
i can’t see a tight game at the Kassam as we only know one way of playing and that’s taking the game to the opposition which ultimately gives the visiting team chances.
Both teams will create chances, the team taking them will succeed.
Oxford Utd - 3 (Taylor, Henry, Lee)
Blackpool - 1 (Atkinson OG)
Attendance - 4000 (no visitors)
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Strangely calm and confident at the moment but guess the nerves will kick in nearer kick off.

It is going to be such an emotional experience and 4000 will feel like 40,000! We're a completely different side to the one Blackpool have faced before, and we're due a bit of luck against them. Think we will come away with a win to put us in a great position for Friday. 2 nil, Taylor and Lee.

Believe!!!!

Goals, goals and more goals.......
What a fantastic last 4 or so weeks for both teams, both teams in form and the team that wins the tie will probably have to score 3 or 4 goals to progress to Wembley.
i can’t see a tight game at the Kassam as we only know one way of playing and that’s taking the game to the opposition which ultimately gives the visiting team chances.
Both teams will create chances, the team taking them will succeed.
Oxford Utd - 3 (Taylor, Henry, Lee)
Blackpool - 1 (Atkinson OG)
Attendance - 4000 (no visitors)
COME ON YOU YELLOWS
So mixed about tonight. On one hand going back to football!!! on the other got south stand upper (Not even one of my preferences) On one hand I think Blackpool were and are a very good side, on their day better than us to be fair. but on our day we can beat anyone.

I hope fans being back really helps the players play to their best and we put the tie out of sight 5-0. But would be happy to be still in it at 0-1.

OUFC fans not allowed at the away tie, but on the other hand I don’t have to travel to that shithole!

Anyone know how many fans we can take to Wembley?

Match day, SERIOUS business now!!

Go for the throat, smash em, and take a nice lead into the 2nd leg!

GOALS! GOALS! GOALS!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Not really thought about it much before today, nerves kicking in now though.

Feels like a long day in prospect.

For various reasons, injuries, suspensions, loss of form, opposition form etc, I doubted this squad of players could deliver on a few occasions this season, but without fail, they delivered on each occasion. Who would have thought we’d be in the play offs after our start to the season?
But we are, and I have faith in Karl and the boys to deliver again.
Come on you yellows.

So mixed about tonight. On one hand going back to football!!! on the other got south stand upper (Not even one of my preferences) On one hand I think Blackpool were and are a very good side, on their day better than us to be fair. but on our day we can beat anyone.

I hope fans being back really helps the players play to their best and we put the tie out of sight 5-0. But would be happy to be still in it at 0-1.

OUFC fans not allowed at the away tie, but on the other hand I don’t have to travel to that shithole!

Anyone know how many fans we can take to Wembley?
So your class is half full but also half empty 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom