Home Match Day Thread 26/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gorrin is fit its just he is playing so cautious because the potential suspension he is having absolutely no effect on the game.
TBH he ought to just get booked and get it out of the way. He is no good to us if he is pussy-footing about.

Given that some of his bookings earlier in the season were very unnecessary, he only has himself to blame.

Not sure which way to call it...hoping we turn up and play like we did against Donny!
COYY

How on earth have you stuck being an Oxford fan over the past 20 years 😬
If I had paid to travel to Northampton on Tuesday and been given the team selection and performance we were given, I would not be attending today's match. Because ultimately withdrawing cash is the only way the club will ever truly understand fan dissatisfaction - it's a business.

This doesn't apply when I can see genuine effort and passion. The games against Hull, Doncaster etc. I'd have no problem continuing to buy games after those defeats, because you could see that a genuine effort was being made.

But Tuesday was negligent and I'm not paying for negligence.
You obviously missed a whole season during the Kemp era.

Not sure which way to call it...hoping we turn up and play like we did against Donny!
COYY
Unfortunately only a few teams play like Donny and that gives us a chance
Blackpool and Northampton pressed us really hard and reduced us to long ball tactics
You can bet your life Michael Appleton will know this and I expect Lincoln will be pressing hard
It really is up to KR to find a way through this but we don’t have the players in midfield to do this

Ah- the David Kemp season when we let in over 100 goals. That still remains the very worst Oxford team I have ever seen. Even more useless than the talentless rabble 'managed' by Patto. The names McGuckin & Jarman still bring me out in a cold sweat.
Just mentioning those two players makes your post worthy of reporting to the moderators. Anyone who might think we've got it bad now just needs to look at their defensive lowlights. On a forum running the time Jarman was described as having the turning circle of a super tanker only not as quick.

TBH he ought to just get booked and get it out of the way. He is no good to us if he is pussy-footing about.

Given that some of his bookings earlier in the season were very unnecessary, he only has himself to blame.
I would imagine the officials have his cards marked before.he leaves the dressing room. Ref. must do his homework before each match, ie those that might give him trouble. Possibly " reputation " goes before you, even in the lower divisions. It's a cross he has to bear unfortunately. How long would Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner. or Chopper Harris last in today's environment. Red cards dished out like confetti....add Briggs to that trio.

Ah- the David Kemp season when we let in over 100 goals. That still remains the very worst Oxford team I have ever seen. Even more useless than the talentless rabble 'managed' by Patto. The names McGuckin & Jarman still bring me out in a cold sweat.
What always amazed me about that season was that we only won 7 games, but within that managed the double over two clubs, including one that ended in the playoffs (Walsall?).
That was also the only season of Championship Manager I ever played and got sacked by Christmas every time

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Forde Agyei Barker

SUBS: Taylor, Shodipo, Sykes, Chambers-Parrillon, Winnall, Grayson, Eastwood​

No expectations after Tuesday’s shitshow, just get the win, somehow.

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Forde Agyei Barker

I’d rather have a couple of the youth team players in place of winnall or Kelly at least the kids would try

Going to be a very hard game, but only three points is good enough.
OUFC 0 LCFC 3 (Followed by kr's usual list of excuses).

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Forde Agyei Barker

I would have Forde at right back; Hanson instead of Gorrin; and Sykes starting. Hanson is a good tackler and can then possibly look forward rather than Gorrin always passing backwards

I would have Forde at right back; Hanson instead of Gorrin; and Sykes starting. Hanson is a good tackler and can then possibly look forward rather than Gorrin always passing backwards
I don't like any of those three options.

I think Hanson is better than Forde at right back. I’d quite like Forde in the midfield two, on the right hand side, but then who plays right wing?

Just mentioning those two players makes your post worthy of reporting to the moderators. Anyone who might think we've got it bad now just needs to look at their defensive lowlights. On a forum running the time Jarman was described as having the turning circle of a super tanker only not as quick.
Using the super tanker analogy is Jarman in Egypt at the moment 😀

Been waiting on details of a transatlantic conference call all week and got word through last night that it’s happening at 9pm. Bang goes the second half. Depending what happens in the first I might just hit pause and watch the second on delay afterwards. If we’re well in the game or even ahead I probably will, if we’re behind and looking rubbish I’ll probably just treat it as a good excuse to end the experience.

Robinson will care deeply about this one. The big, muscly ex who was universally liked and gave us a promotion with the best team we’d had for nearly 20 years? You bet he’s bothered. If that’s the motivation he needs to get a result, fine by me.

Nothing to lose now. 11th place with several teams ahead of us boasting multiple games in hand means that anything but a win all but ends the season. There’s no reason not to snap the handbrake clean off and throw it out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom