Home Match Day Thread 26/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much want to see a win tonight. Want to see goals for, none against. Want to see passing football, the minimum of niggling fouls. Wingers running with the ball and completing goal scoring crosses. Want to see a midfield in action, in control, creating.

I don't want to see miss placed passes, miss hit shots, crosses not even clearing the first defender. I do want to see playing out from the back, throw ins going to one of our side, set pieces defended and ours successful, a strong starting line up in a formation known and understood by those playing.

I don't want too much, do I?

Much as I have suggested that he is not the greatest thing since sliced Taylor, I have to agree we should start Agyei up top but I bet KR won't. He can unsettle them for a bit and then we can get Taylor on to finish up. I wonder if we'll break our TV curse, something, just something tells me we can...

I've lost interest in the season now, after those last two games. Interested to see if KR is going to learn from yet another tactical mistake on Tuesday. But I'm not spending another £10 to find out.

Team sheet will be interesting.

Heart says we can sneak a 1 O win
Head says we will lose 2 O
Hoping we can get a draw 0 0
Their away record is superb they have had a dodgy spell but our inability to score is my main concern. They will press us, we will knock the ball long so Agyei will have to play centrally and that will be our main threat and maybe Barker Other than that let’s hope we get an overdue penalty

I've lost interest in the season now, after those last two games. Interested to see if KR is going to learn from yet another tactical mistake on Tuesday. But I'm not spending another £10 to find out.

It appears as though ifollow video pass is not available at all, let alone free for season ticket holders. Is that correct? I thought last time this happened with Sky season ticket holders were still able to watch the game on ifollow FOC as we’ve already paid for a season ticket!

It appears as though ifollow video pass is not available at all, let alone free for season ticket holders. Is that correct? I thought last time this happened with Sky season ticket holders were still able to watch the game on ifollow FOC as we’ve already paid for a season ticket!

Much as I have suggested that he is not the greatest thing since sliced Taylor, I have to agree we should start Agyei up top but I bet KR won't. He can unsettle them for a bit and then we can get Taylor on to finish up. I wonder if we'll break our TV curse, something, just something tells me we can...
I cant seem to work out why Ageyi doesn't play more, I know these people see a lot more than we do but he always seems to cause defenders problems and happy to take on the shot. I like Taylor but we aren't creating anything we may as well play with 10 cant make a chance out of nothing like Ageyi does.

Get Agyei starting through the middle and don't play a 4231 and we may have a chance. Otherwise, fully expecting Appleton to do a job on us, KR is too insecure to put his emotions to one side knowing he's facing the most popular Oxford manager of the last 20 years (Jim Smith excluded, of course).

Not usually a pessimist before matches but feeling very drained from that abject Northampton performance.

Hopefully the players are really hurting after Tuesday and go all out to put it right. Am I right in thinking Long and Henry could be back today? If fit Long goes straight back in at RB but if there's any doubt let him take another week and be back for the Mackems. Hopefully the time away will be good to help Henry get his form back.

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffs
Hanson
Sykes CamBran
Lee Taylor Barker

Far from the ideal team but I think Mide and Gorrin need a rest and I don't want Kelly or Grayson in the 11 so Hanson and Sykes it has to be with Lee on the wing (Sykes and Lee rotating). I'd like to see Agyei start but he started Tuesday and Taylor didn't which makes it pretty obvious Karl was saving Taylor for today. Heart says 2-0 win, head says 1-1 draw, the more realistic bit of the head says 2-0 loss.

Hopefully the players are really hurting after Tuesday and go all out to put it right. Am I right in thinking Long and Henry could be back today? If fit Long goes straight back in at RB but if there's any doubt let him take another week and be back for the Mackems. Hopefully the time away will be good to help Henry get his form back.

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffs
Hanson
Sykes CamBran
Lee Taylor Barker

Far from the ideal team but I think Mide and Gorrin need a rest and I don't want Kelly or Grayson in the 11 so Hanson and Sykes it has to be with Lee on the wing (Sykes and Lee rotating). I'd like to see Agyei start but he started Tuesday and Taylor didn't which makes it pretty obvious Karl was saving Taylor for today. Heart says 2-0 win, head says 1-1 draw, the more realistic bit of the head says 2-0 loss.

That midfield is terrifying, and not in a good way.

Out of interest would that mean you wouldn't bother going to matches if you could?
A tenner in a season where we are struggling isnt much compared to the day expense of actually going to the Kass !

I don't disagree but Gorrin was bloody awful on Tuesday, Kelly bloody awful on Saturday, Grayson isn't ready for league 1 football... Doesn't leave you with a lot of options! If Henry is fit then I'd stick him in but at his age you can't take the risk if there's any doubt. If I had my way I'd take a shot and play LCP over Sykes but no chance KR does that.

Probably last chance saloon tonight for our realistic chances of reaching the top six come may. I know we never do well when we are on sky, but that has to change sometime, let’s hope that’s tonight.
So I really hope the handbrake is well and truly off and the accelerator is to the floor.
Let’s Just go for it from the start and see what happens.

2-0 to the U’S

COYY

Hanson has played ok at RB for a while, I’d rather see him there than Forde.

If Gorrin is fully fit I’d play him but I don’t think he is. I thought Grayson was ok, I know I’m in the minority but I can only see what I see.

I’d like Agyei to play but Taylor will as he was rested. However this is my team that I’d play, not my predicted team, so...

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Grayson
LCP Brannigan
Forde Agyei Barker​

Give Chambers-Parillion a go, why not. He can’t be any worse than Kelly...

But in many ways it’s probably the best we have if Gorrin is carrying a groin strain. He’s been half the player we know he can be lately.

I feel this may be our last chance to keep ourselves in the mix this season. Our form against the top eight has been disappointing and a defeat tonight would signal that we aren’t good enough to be involved. I have some sympathy with our team as they do seem to be running on empty at times.

Get through this and have a short breather. I don’t have much hope though.

Out of interest would that mean you wouldn't bother going to matches if you could?
A tenner in a season where we are struggling isnt much compared to the day expense of actually going to the Kass !
If I had paid to travel to Northampton on Tuesday and been given the team selection and performance we were given, I would not be attending today's match. Because ultimately withdrawing cash is the only way the club will ever truly understand fan dissatisfaction - it's a business.

This doesn't apply when I can see genuine effort and passion. The games against Hull, Doncaster etc. I'd have no problem continuing to buy games after those defeats, because you could see that a genuine effort was being made.

But Tuesday was negligent and I'm not paying for negligence.

If I had paid to travel to Northampton on Tuesday and been given the team selection and performance we were given, I would not be attending today's match. Because ultimately withdrawing cash is the only way the club will ever truly understand fan dissatisfaction - it's a business.

This doesn't apply when I can see genuine effort and passion. The games against Hull, Doncaster etc. I'd have no problem continuing to buy games after those defeats, because you could see that a genuine effort was being made.

But Tuesday was negligent and I'm not paying for negligence.
How on earth have you stuck being an Oxford fan over the past 20 years 😬

Hanson has played ok at RB for a while, I’d rather see him there than Forde.

If Gorrin is fully fit I’d play him but I don’t think he is. I thought Grayson was ok, I know I’m in the minority but I can only see what I see.

I’d like Agyei to play but Taylor will as he was rested. However this is my team that I’d play, not my predicted team, so...

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Grayson
LCP Brannigan
Forde Agyei Barker​

Give Chambers-Parillion a go, why not. He can’t be any worse than Kelly...
I think Gorrin is fit its just he is playing so cautious because the potential suspension he is having absolutely no effect on the game.

Control the midfield ( unlike in recent games!) and it'll be a (rare) win on Sky .....feeling optimistic for a 2-1 win, with a late, dramatic winner clinching the 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom