Home Match Build Up 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Who will win this leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting one for sure.

The league game at Bloomfield Road wasn't one to right home about from memory.
We could have nicked it when Mous had a header saved in the last minute, but don't remember it being a particularly good game.

The game at home, I seem to remember them winning relatively comfortably with goals from the second phases of set plays.

This game is the two form sides - 4 wins and a loss from our last 5 games each.

With the two teams who have stuttered their way into the play-offs playing each other.

We could have nicked it when Mous had a header saved in the last minute, but don't remember it being a particularly good game.

The game at home, I seem to remember them winning relatively comfortably with goals from the second phases of set pieces
Yes we were poor defensively at home.
I thought that Saturday was pretty positive defensively. Burton tried to bombard us (those long throws and lots of corners)
The 2 Centre Backs were outstanding and as a team we defended really well (Matt Taylor was one who cleared on many occasions)
Blackpool's delivery was excellent and if anything we will have to defend even better ( and not let them get off to such a strong start)

Going to be really tough. We score for fun. They don't let in many goals. So two 0-0 draws then.

Very tough tie, and we're 2nd best in the head-to-heads against Sunderland and Lincoln too.

Feels like the very definition of a free hit to me though.

Looking and listening at others in League 1, we are definitely the most relaxed going into this. Blackpool didn't want to play us. Sunderland are, weirdly, seemingly already planning for another season in League 1. Most confident of all are Lincoln, but they seem to fear Sunderland.

Me, if I was any more relaxed I would be horizontal!

Bookies unsurprisingly have Sunderland as favourites despite their bad form. Us and Blackpool joint second favourites and then Lincoln. Personally I think it's Blackpool's to lose and I also think Lincoln will beat Sunderland over the two legs. We're the underdogs IMO even with our form which I think is why there's a weird sense of calm coming from the forum and the club. Hopefully the relaxed attitude helps us like it has the last few weeks.

Bookies unsurprisingly have Sunderland as favourites despite their bad form. Us and Blackpool joint second favourites and then Lincoln. Personally I think it's Blackpool's to lose and I also think Lincoln will beat Sunderland over the two legs. We're the underdogs IMO even with our form which I think is why there's a weird sense of calm coming from the forum and the club. Hopefully the relaxed attitude helps us like it has the last few weeks.
I never thought we would get this far. The poor start and the lack of defensive cover etc. Now we are in the play offs has given a real lift but, part of me keeps thinking about the last three trips to Wembley. If we get past Blackpool then I want to see the best of OUFC turn up and go all the way.
Relaxed? Hardly, getting very twitchy!

I was well prepared for another season in league one which I would have been perfectly fine with. This is just a fun end of season tournament in my mind!

Let's keep that underdog attitude which has helped us massively in the past against the likes of Swansea, Newcastle, Brentford and West Ham. We are still a relatively small club who were non-league just 11 years ago.

Interesting views on their forum. A lot of them are worried about us. This is not the match they wanted.
I’ve seen a lot of confidence from their end!

Some quotes:

“...when we bossed them at their place a couple of months ago ! They didn’t have many chances then and against our defence I’d like to hope they won’t get many this time either.”

“The way they play will suit us. Just like we beat them a few weeks ago. Nothing to fear at all”

“We've just had four straight wins without conceding a single goal... we have no reason to not be confident.”

“They’re gonna need to pull off another 6-0 win after we destroy them on their campus”

“This league is very poor. Oxford just scraped in. Don’t worry.”

“This is not arrogance. This is not tangerine specs bravado. We have no one to fear in these playoffs.”

“If the away game at their place was anything to go off we should see them off.”

“Don’t worry we will beat them.”

I’ve seen a lot of confidence from their end!

Some quotes:

“...when we bossed them at their place a couple of months ago ! They didn’t have many chances then and against our defence I’d like to hope they won’t get many this time either.”

“The way they play will suit us. Just like we beat them a few weeks ago. Nothing to fear at all”

“We've just had four straight wins without conceding a single goal... we have no reason to not be confident.”

“They’re gonna need to pull off another 6-0 win after we destroy them on their campus”

“This league is very poor. Oxford just scraped in. Don’t worry.”

“This is not arrogance. This is not tangerine specs bravado. We have no one to fear in these playoffs.”

“If the away game at their place was anything to go off we should see them off.”

“Don’t worry we will beat them.”

Anyone would think they had won the league with them comments. Let's hope it bites them in the a**e and we sneak through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom