Matches 23/24 Fixtures

Southampton away in the Carabao cup would be fantastic. I went to the Dell, but want to chalk off St Mary’s.

Repeat of 83/84 Cup run away at Bristol City I think ( two legs in those days ) 1-0 win away 1-1 at home !

Have you seen our record at Cambridge ?

I’ve seen two wins at the Abbey in around 16-17 matches :(

I remember us absolutely destroying them early on in the first season in the Conference when we still looked like we were going to walk the league.

That's the only time I remember ever winning there - and I lived in Cambridge for almost a decade so never missed a game there!

The Mark Rawle draw was a memorable one, though.

(EDIT - just looked at RageOnline, and that is in fact the only time we've beaten them at their place since 1995 - which is in turn the only other time we've ever won at the Abbey!)

Cap’n Manning’s first game of the 2022-2023 season was at Cambridge for MK Dons.

Cambridge won 1-0.

The start of the season depends as always on how much of the squad is together. With the players starting to report back for pre season, and only 3 players in, plus lots of hype, lets hope thingsd speed up a little, and we dont end up in a similar position to last season. The season was well underway and we were still recruiting.

They'll all be good fixtures, if we're top of the league..

Hopefully nobody has the expectation that we start with a bang, after all, the first few months of the season mean very little - it's all about what you do in the middle before trying to make a valiant dash for the playoffs at the end of the season.

Anybody know why neither hotel by the stadium is available to book on the weekend of the Carlisle game?

Holiday Inn has migrants.

The Hampton by Hilton was open to the public at the Cheltenham game as I went in there pre-match.
And is bookable for dates either side of the Carlisle game, just not the game itself (also not bookable for the following home Saturday game)

Might be worth giving them a call, would be surprised if fully booked, unless there's a 'regular' demand and then Carlisle have booked a lot of rooms.

That first month will be tough, with Barnsley and Derby away probably going to be the two toughest fixtures in the league all season for every team (on paper). Silver lining being it's not a bad time to play them, I suppose.

But then you couldn't really ask for a much better September. Obviously don't want to count any chickens, but those sides all look like lower-mid-table fodder. Then Shrews and Gas at home in a week so that by the time we play Reading, we really could be sitting in a pretty favourable position if everything falls into place early.

Reading should of been boxing day, or new years day.. Blackpool away is in the winter.
Fleetwood away maybe to soon as it's still holiday season, sort of . Cambridge away first game boring , plus awkward to gt to by train. From what I see, the fixtures haven't been kind, there all in the wrong order & times.. I mean what happened to the proper local derbies over the holiday seasons..

Love that we’ve got a derby game for the first game of the season.
Derby game first game of the season twice in a row now, can't really complain at that can we.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Derby game first game of the season twice in a row now, can't really complain at that can we.
For me it’s:

Cambridge as our biggest derby. Followed by…

Wycombe
Luton
Reading
MK Dons
Swindon
Aldershot

I know most would have Aldershot above Swindon, but there’s just something about the latter that I dislike slightly more.

Back
Top Bottom