Matches 23/24 Fixtures

For me it’s:

Cambridge as our biggest derby. Followed by…

Wycombe
Luton
Reading
MK Dons
Swindon
Aldershot

I know most would have Aldershot above Swindon, but there’s just something about the latter that I dislike slightly more.

Having been in Aldershot town centre the other day I would say that they should be each others twin, saves inflicting one of them on some poor foreign place like Chernobyl.

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
I think I'm correct in saying that the 2016/2017 season was the last time we started the season at home in the league.

6 August 2016. Home to Chesterfield. 1-1 with Thomas scoring for us and Ched Evans equalising for them.
I think so - Oxford Mail reported yesterday that it's been 7 years since we last kicked off the season at home.

After nearly 37 years in the same job, I'm retiring on Friday 4th August, so I am very disappointed that we are away the following day. I really wanted my retirement to start with a home game.

A curious, if minor, coincidence for me personally is that the second and third out of the U's first three games after my retirement begins are against Bristol City and Carlisle. The second and third matches in my life which I attended (when I started following the U's way back in 1975-76) were also against these two clubs!

After nearly 37 years in the same job, I'm retiring on Friday 4th August, so I am very disappointed that we are away the following day. I really wanted my retirement to start with a home game.

A curious, if minor, coincidence for me personally is that the second and third out of the U's first three games after my retirement begins are against Bristol City and Carlisle. The second and third matches in my life which I attended (when I started following the U's way back in 1975-76) were also against these two clubs!

Enjoy your retirement!

Notice that Swansea have advertised the tickets for our game on their web.
allocation 10010 in the North and EAST stands. North stand yes as normal, but EAST Stand .?. Surely not.

Notice that Swansea have advertised the tickets for our game on their web.
allocation 10010 in the North and EAST stands. North stand yes as normal, but EAST Stand .?. Surely not.
It’s probably the Welsh spelling.

For me it’s:

Cambridge as our biggest derby. Followed by…

Wycombe
Luton
Reading
MK Dons
Swindon
Aldershot

I know most would have Aldershot above Swindon, but there’s just something about the latter that I dislike slightly more.
What about Cheltnum?

• React
Reactions: MJB
Wow. What did they do?
As someone else said, caused problems in the priory and also guided fans in a way that just happened to mean they met each other.
Then you have the small matter of the court cases where they certainly didn’t come out looking very good.

Back
Top Bottom