Matches 23/24 Fixtures

holdsteady

This time tomorrow the fixtures will have been released, always an exciting day for me.
Games to look out for obviously Reading, then Leyton Orient and a few others, hopefully at home on Boxing Day as well to give me a break from the in laws.

I’ve got a feeling both Reading games will get moved if they are scheduled for Saturday 3pm kick offs.

I can see them both being 12 noon kick offs, or maybe one of them being a televised game.

Looking forward to it.

Will actually be able to book my family’s August holiday once I know which Saturdays to avoid!

I’ve got a feeling both Reading games will get moved if they are scheduled for Saturday 3pm kick offs.

I can see them both being 12 noon kick offs, or maybe one of them being a televised game.

I doubt either will be Saturday 3pm, early kick off Saturday at ours and early kick off Sunday at there’s I will guess.

Looking forward to it.

Will actually be able to book my family’s August holiday once I know which Saturdays to avoid!

My missus booked mine and I miss the first game of the season, so I am the only one hoping it’s someone like Burton away first up.

• React
Reactions: MJB
In my mind I'm already expecting Reading away in September/October (November at a push) and home in Feb/March - for some reason I naturally assume the fixtures against them to be that way around (historically feels that way, at least in my time).

Be nice to start at home for a change to give us the best chance of a flying start. Although to be honest I'm just looking forward to treating the first dozen games with the respect they deserve rather than f**king about 'til October.

If our early movements in the transfer window are anything to go by I expect us to be bang at it from Day 1 anyway.

I'd quite like something like this to start:

Burton (H)
Shrewsbury (A)
Orient (A)
Wigan (H)
Exeter (A)
Northampton (H)

And then into September we can start on Derby, Barnsley et al - and a trip to 'struggling Reading'.

My wife said on Monday "we need to book our holiday by tomorrow at the latest". Me: "Can't it wait until Thursday?" :cool:

Every year I get stupidly excited about fixture release day, I think because I like the planning almost as much as the away days! Train times, which pubs to go to, maybe stop off en route (Pleasington before Blackburn away being the ultimate). Every year I'm disappointed as the fixtures fall completely differently to what I was hoping for!

I've got one Saturday I can't do (family wedding) and Boxing Day would have to be Northampton away. I'm just hoping the trip to Reading isn't either of those or I'm going to be so gutted. Also only need to get to Barnsley, Wycombe, Stevenage, Orient and Carlisle to complete the league. Hoping to do so without resorting to attending a game as a neutral.

My wife said on Monday "we need to book our holiday by tomorrow at the latest". Me: "Can't it wait until Thursday?" :cool:

Every year I get stupidly excited about fixture release day, I think because I like the planning almost as much as the away days! Train times, which pubs to go to, maybe stop off en route (Pleasington before Blackburn away being the ultimate). Every year I'm disappointed as the fixtures fall completely differently to what I was hoping for!

I've got one Saturday I can't do (family wedding) and Boxing Day would have to be Northampton away. I'm just hoping the trip to Reading isn't either of those or I'm going to be so gutted. Also only need to get to Barnsley, Wycombe, Stevenage, Orient and Carlisle to complete the league. Hoping to do so without resorting to attending a game as a neutral.

At least with a few rivals/local games this season we should be guaranteed a couple of them fall in decent days.

I actually think I am looking forward to Leyton Orient away most, really enjoyed that the last time so hoping that’s on a Saturday at 3pm, but with Reading, Northampton, Charlton, Wycombe, Blackpool, Derby etc they can’t all be at s**t times.

Still fingers crossed for Boxing Day at home.

I doubt either will be Saturday 3pm, early kick off Saturday at ours and early kick off Sunday at there’s I will guess.

That’s what I said, both will get moved to midday kick offs, with maybe one on the tele box.

Don’t care who we get, all gotta play them at some point but I just want to start the season at home last time we started a season at home was when we got promoted and drew 1-1 with Chesterfield. Fingers crossed the fixture computer is kind to us for a change

Back
Top Bottom