Away Match Day Thread 23/10/2021 L1: Burton Albion v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great result well done Oxford and well-done Karl the staff and the players.

I was concerned that today the best we could hope for would have been a draw and this was before I saw the team sheet. Burton is not an east place to go to and get a positive result, they started to play well once JFH took over but listening today not look like things are coming right for Oxford.
MOM Brannagan.

Best performance of the season that, I reckon. Away from home against a top ten side, and we could easily have won by five.

Cam & Herbie dominated the midfield to an almost comical degree, Moore and Thornily were superb at repelling anything that came into our box, and all the forwards looked tricky, skillful and dangerous - with Matty in particular in full-on central defender's worst nightmare form.

Keep playing like that, and at a minimum we're going to make the playoffs. I am fascinated to see how Rotherham, Wigan & Sunderland look. Plymouth were very decent, but I still haven't seen a team a league one team that scares me yet this year (like Hull did, for example, last year).

Great stuff. Well done Oxford!! Good performances all round, particularly Brannagan!!
This could be quite some season!!

I really enjoyed Matty's performance today. He was an absolute nightmare for them, ran like a dog, and still had the legs to accelerate to the ball first for that penalty.

It’s a great result against a good team.
Disappointed that Ipswich scraped through and of course Wycombe too.
it’s going to be a tough season to make the automatics. Impressed with Plymouth too.
Never expected it to easy though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom