Away Match Day Thread 23/10/2021 L1: Burton Albion v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Once again my Saturday is full of nerves. How will the team present itself today? 3 o'clock will give us some clues.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

REF WATCH :

West Yorkshire based Samuel Barrott is today’s referee at the Pirelli Stadium.

This is Barrott’s second season officiating in the EFL and in 32 matches last season he issued 86 yellow cards and 4 red cards.
In 12 matches this campaign Barrott has brandished FORTY SIX yellow cards including nine in one match but no reds.
Barrott took charge of two Oxford Utd games last season - the 1-0 home win over Fleetwood in January and the 3-2 victory
at Shrewsbury in May.

EqvdgjcW4AALnZq

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

Includes John Mousinho, Sam Winnall, Sean Clare, Kane Hemmings, Alex MacDonald, Phil Edwards, Zeli Ismail, Richard Knight
and Adam Murray.

DBjfcjcXcAESuWR

Burton much changed from last year so tough game be happy with a draw but hoping for win

Didn’t we beat them 9-1 over the two matches last season? JFH turned them around remarkably last year and really should have had a shout at League 1 Manager of the Season. They looked dead and buried at one point.

A much, much tougher fixture this time around. My first visit to the Pirelli too so I hope the team makes it a good’un.

Tough game what a great job Hasselbank as done again . But let's be honest these are the games we need to start winning we've got the squad they are fit so going for a 2-0 win. Time to start grinding out results I hope Camm is played slightly further forwards Gorrin and Kane sitting back about spraying the passes about. I fancy us to turn up and do the business.

Tough game what a great job Hasselbank as done again . But let's be honest these are the games we need to start winning we've got the squad they are fit so going for a 2-0 win. Time to start grinding out results I hope Camm is played slightly further forwards Gorrin and Kane sitting back about spraying the passes about. I fancy us to turn up and do the business.

Fully agree. Absolute respect for Burton but positive results from places like the Pirelli will prove whether this side has what it takes. The Sheffield Wednesday result proved we’re capable of doing it but are we capable of doing it consistently?

My view is that we’re like our manager - good but not good enough to truly be hammering on the door of promotion. They can go some to proving me wrong today.

After we battered them twice last season they will be well up for it today, a draw at best for us I feel but fingers crossed that we are on a run of good results against the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom