Home Match Build Up 22/10/22 L1: OUFC v Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the result has to go one way or the other. Either a completely dominant performance or losing 5-0. In either of these situations we know where we stand. A 0-0 draw, narrow loss or even an unconvincing win (as they all have been apart from Burton) will do nothing for us in the long term.

I'd never actively want OUFC to lose any game, but if it's going to get this Walter Mitty character on our bench the heave ho, then a quick rip off of the sticking plaster please.

For me, the result has to go one way or the other. Either a completely dominant performance or losing 5-0. In either of these situations we know where we stand. A 0-0 draw, narrow loss or even an unconvincing win (as they all have been apart from Burton) will do nothing for us in the long term.

I'd never actively want OUFC to lose any game, but if it's going to get this Walter Mitty character on our bench the heave ho, then a quick rip off of the sticking plaster please.
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war, I think that applies in this case.

Stats for the teams make 0-0 unlikely - we concede around one a game at home, Posh two a game away. They do have a penchant for scoring first and throwing it away, keeping the crowd onside could be huge in deciding the final score. Play positively and we should have enough to win by the odd goal.

If we win then that’s two league wins in a row against not terrible sides… meaning a win on Tuesday night and we’d be on a roll…

Peterborough are shocking away from home. A real chance for 3 points before Pompey & Bolton away.

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Henry McGuane Brannagan
Browne Joseph Murphy*

*if fit!​
*He’s not though

Our best possible XL all fit
Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Mcguane Brannagan
Murphy Browne
Baldock Joseph

Our best possible XL all fit
Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Mcguane Brannagan
Murphy Browne
Baldock Joseph
Joseph over Taylor in the best team?
What does he bring?

Sure, he runs a lot, presses, tackles, is a nuisance, forces opposition into mistakes, some of our best play comes with him involved and he's our second top scorer, but other than that, what does he actually do?*

*This is not how i actually feel.

We’ll come from 2-0 down to draw. We’ll have one point but Robinson will claim a moral victory. He survives another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom