Home Match Day Thread 22/10/22 L1: OUFC v Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Well here we go. the 1st of 3 really hard matches!

As i voted in the build up thread, a draw would be a great result!

We'll win 1-0 (Joseph), KR's interview will focus on the bedsheet brigade. Nobody is happy, somehow.

4-0 Oxford. It really came together for us last weekend (like last season’s Oxford). It vindicated Robinson’s summer transfers, and showed there is enough squad balance on our day. The players will be full of confidence. It’s all positive after a bleak few weeks (and some overreaction).

Didn't Ainsworth make similar claims pre-match and then started many of his "injuries".

Seems other managers are taking note of Robinsons penchant for using the media as a tool to mislead the opposition....
Incorrect. The only "injured" player Wycombe started was Gape and he went off injured after 20 minutes. Looking at today, Peterborough are rubbish away from home. Oxford buoyed by the fine Exeter win will play with more confidence and will win by a couple of goals. 3-1 Oxford. The crowd needs to get behind the team

Incorrect. The only "injured" player Wycombe started was Gape and he went off injured after 20 minutes. Looking at today, Peterborough are rubbish away from home. Oxford buoyed by the fine Exeter win will play with more confidence and will win by a couple of goals. 3-1 Oxford. The crowd needs to get behind the team

This is key. As we saw with Brannagan after Wycombe, too much pressure from fans, even on the manager, has a negative effect. Can’t go to this one but hope those who do, support and don’t distract the team!!

COYY

Yes it's a case of 9 /10 doubts but not today. I can't see us winning but football is a funny old game head says 0-2 heart says 2-1 .

We do need to win today. Seems to me that KR has been beefing up the opposition and looking at little old Oxford against a physical strong Peterborough. I hope I am wrong but struggling to stay on the positive bus

Easty's 250th appearance today .....at a guess there'll be long odds ( despite it being a milestone achievement) on keeping a cleansheet?

REF WATCH

E_kIB-cXoAIdcqd

Experienced EFL official Andy Woolmer is today’s man in the middle for the U’s clash versus the Posh.
Former Northants postman Woolmer reached the milestone of refereeing 500 EFL games in April 2021.
His first Oxford Utd game was in September 2004 - a 2-2 home draw with Exeter in the Football League Trophy.
He was appointed the referee for the JPT 2016 final against Barnsley at Wembley.

This season in 11 matches he has issued 45 yellow cards and two reds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom