Home Match Day Thread 22/01/2022 L1: OUFC v Sheffield Wednesday

Bodin played well, would like to see more of him now

Winnall looked to be getting sharper at Wycombe last week and that showed in his goal today. Can relieve some pressure on Taylor (and add it via competition for his place)

Disappointed with seddon, he needs to find some consistency

Mcguane I’m on the fence, obvious quality but needs to “boss” games

Seddon clearly gets caught out of position pushing on when the space behind him is exploited but... I don't see the bench shouting at him to get back so he must be following orders in pushing up.

I'm staggered by the criticism of Mcguane on here tonight. Yes a very physical Wednesday midfield let him know he was in a game but he still managed to do a lot with the ball. And his cross for the first was an absolute joy particularly given how poor some of our crossing has been this season. .

A quite of the owls forum

And another shocking referee performance favouring the home side against us.

First half we were very poor and uninspiring. I'm one who gives McGuane a lot of stick, I think mainly due to the way he hold on to the ball for a second or two longer than I'd like. Often leading to him being caught in a hole leading to possession being lost. First half he was very guilty of this.

I don't know what KR said at half time but bloody hell we were a different team. First I must say McNally needs to start from now on. He has so much energy and looks to have the potential of a real asset. When he drove forward up to the byline I nearly came. Glimpses of Rob Atkinson, can see why he was signed.

Thought the ref was decent and fair, he obviously saw something in that penalty shout, 99 times out of 100 that's a pen and we go 2-0 down, lights out.

Very chuffed with that second half performance. Honestly the buzz you get after a win like that is like no other!

We showed real grit and physicality to keep their chances away towards the end of the game. 7 minutes my a**e was that.

Bodin played well, would like to see more of him now

Winnall looked to be getting sharper at Wycombe last week and that showed in his goal today. Can relieve some pressure on Taylor (and add it via competition for his place)

Disappointed with seddon, he needs to find some consistency

Mcguane I’m on the fence, obvious quality but needs to “boss” games
I think what McGuane really needs is a consistent run in the side as part of a three man midfield where he has cover behind him (Gorrin or more recently Kane). When Robbo switched the formation, it looked like he was one of the ones sitting deeper with Brannagan, with Bodin in front of them. He's at his very best when he can carry the ball through the middle third of the pitch and I don't things were set up for him to do that as much today. That said, I still thought he was useful.

Weird one for me today, considering we've not bought or sold anyone, it's amazing how much the transfer window has seemingly affected us. Not been the same team since Wimbledon.

The first half was flat and a continuation of the last two performances. Wednesday looked good and they were carving through us. Credit to KR for the formation switch because from then on we looked more comfortable. Was happy for Bodin to get some game time and he did well, McGuane did more than he has in previous games, but agree there needs to be more still from him.

Going back to the transfer window, I felt Brann has less effective in past weeks, and whilst I don't think his head has been turned and the Blackpool move looks dead, he's found it hard in games and hasn't made his mark as he has done earlier in the season.

Seddon, whilst not talked about in terms of transfers, does benefit from being to only LB we have and I wonder if a bit of competition for his place would improve his positional and defensive discipline. In the first half he struggled, but did improve when allowed to push forward after the formation change.

Considering the players we were without, perhaps it was expected to be less fluid and if I'm being honest we probably only deserved a draw, but....of course...Will take the win all day long. And from a corner too. Happy days.

McGuane our best player? What are you smoking? Weakest link by miles .

Men of match Taylor and Sykes. Superb.
He faded terribly. Whereas, Holland didn’t get to a level from which it was possible to fade.

Get rid. All style, zero substance.

Back
Top Bottom