Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone watched Herbie Kane’s interview doing the rounds on Twitter? Very non-committal about his future at Barnsley and he has 6 months left on his deal.

I am not an avid follower of this forum so not sure what the general consensus was about him first time around but I thought he was brilliant until Robbo insisted on playing him at the base of the midfield where he was a liability. I think he’d play a huge role in this side particularly up against the low block which we struggle to unlock at the moment, he did have a good eye for a pass but not enough goal threat.

I am not sure Barnsley would be keen to sell to a promotion rival but still only mid 20s and clearly a player the club has identified in the past. I’d be happy to see him join and add to our midfield armoury! Barnsley could be tempted to cash in before losing him for free. He is also from Bristol so could like the idea of a move down south!

Where are those stats from? I've only had a quick look at his goals in Leagues 1 and 2 and he has 16 (sure he will have some in cups as well) but that alone is in about 5,000 minutes? Or were you working off more recent form?
From a data base site which I can’t locate this morning,it did say it maybe not accurate. 21 EFL league and cup goals.
His last 2 app 2 goals in 83mins. And really should have had a third. Not to bad for someone who can’t finish.
But just a name thrown in.

Last edited:
From a data base site which I can’t locate this morning,it did say it maybe not accurate. 21 EFL league and cup goals.
His last 2 app 2 goals in 83mins. And really should have had a third. Not to bad for someone who can’t finish.
But just a name thrown in.
Transfermarkt has his total career stats as the below, so a goal every 277 minutes throughout his entire career including recognised youth games.

Focusing on first team league football:

L1 - 8 goals in 55, one every 479 minutes
L2 - 8 goals in 29, one every 159 minutes
Champ - 0 in 7
Conference - 4 goals in 15, one every 246 minutes

In EFL regular season football, he has 16 goals from 5,104 minutes (84 appearances for those minutes)
A goal every 319 minutes, or every 3.5 games.

If you include 6 playoff appearances totalling 287 minutes and including 3 goals.
Then his EFL record is 19 goals from 5,291 minutes (90 appearances).
A goal every 279 minutes, or every 3.1 games.

His career doesn't seem to have got going after an initial set of bright loans at Northampton, Lincoln and Fleetwood.
The permanent move to Fleetwood only lasted 6 months, and equally after only 6 months at Salford, he was being loaned out to FGR.

1702027019068.png

Davis Keillor-Dunn at Mansfield should be one to look at. Henry doesn't look like he'll play much of a role, and with our injuries on the wing Bodin will likely be deployed there instead of attacking midfield.

Keillor-Dunn's got 11 goals and 5 assists in 19 apps in L2 this season.
Last season - 15 g/a in 38 apps (split between L1 & L2 - played 19 in each)
21/22 - 17 g/a in 46 apps
20/21 - 15 g/a in 41 apps

One of the few attacking midfielders putting in good numbers consistently over the last few years across L1 & L2.

Take away his miss, I thought Callum Morton had real energy and caused a few problems when he came on Tuesday.
Especially seeing he’s been out recently.
That’s twice.

What has happened to this player ? He looked really good in previous seasons against us, particularly for Northampton as I recall. The move to Fleetwood was an odd one and it seems he's been on the slide ever since. Thought he was destined for better than trying to help keep FGR in the football league.

What has happened to this player ? He looked really good in previous seasons against us, particularly for Northampton as I recall. The move to Fleetwood was an odd one and it seems he's been on the slide ever since. Thought he was destined for better than trying to help keep FGR in the football league.

Think he has had some bad injuries.

He was one I hoped we were looking at after his loan spell at Northampton where he got the goals to get them out of L2. Seems to have really stalled since then though.

Transfermarkt has his total career stats as the below, so a goal every 277 minutes throughout his entire career including recognised youth games.

Focusing on first team league football:

L1 - 8 goals in 55, one every 479 minutes
L2 - 8 goals in 29, one every 159 minutes
Champ - 0 in 7
Conference - 4 goals in 15, one every 246 minutes

In EFL regular season football, he has 16 goals from 5,104 minutes (84 appearances for those minutes)
A goal every 319 minutes, or every 3.5 games.

If you include 6 playoff appearances totalling 287 minutes and including 3 goals.
Then his EFL record is 19 goals from 5,291 minutes (90 appearances).
A goal every 279 minutes, or every 3.1 games.

His career doesn't seem to have got going after an initial set of bright loans at Northampton, Lincoln and Fleetwood.
The permanent move to Fleetwood only lasted 6 months, and equally after only 6 months at Salford, he was being loaned out to FGR.

View attachment 17066
What his data for this season at forest green

View attachment 17068

Game by Game breakdown since joining FGR on 2nd September
View attachment 17069
As others have said he was expected to push on, after Northampton.
Played really well for Fleetwood at ours last season, giving our defence a lot of problems, and in one situation turned Moore whilst also spinning him round by the arm. Was once again a nuisance on Tuesday.

So this season, he’s played 304 minutes.
Started 3 and been sub 3 times
Scored 3 in just over 300 mins
Plus the 20 minutes against us, where he should of got another.

Has anyone watched Herbie Kane’s interview doing the rounds on Twitter? Very non-committal about his future at Barnsley and he has 6 months left on his deal.

I am not an avid follower of this forum so not sure what the general consensus was about him first time around but I thought he was brilliant until Robbo insisted on playing him at the base of the midfield where he was a liability. I think he’d play a huge role in this side particularly up against the low block which we struggle to unlock at the moment, he did have a good eye for a pass but not enough goal threat.

I am not sure Barnsley would be keen to sell to a promotion rival but still only mid 20s and clearly a player the club has identified in the past. I’d be happy to see him join and add to our midfield armoury! Barnsley could be tempted to cash in before losing him for free. He is also from Bristol so could like the idea of a move down south!

Herbir Kane is a good player no doubt, but for us he would just be a depth piece - I don't think he's surplanting McGuane, Cam or RR from our first choice side.

I would like to see us bring in another midfielder in January, but I would like to see it be someone who's more of a box-to-box style athlete rather than another playmaker, of which we have plenty. Our worst spell of the season so far was when Cam was injured, because we really don't have anyone else that can replace his drive and energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom