Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, either are a massive upgrade on what we have in terms of goal scoring. Watching yesterday, there is a desperate need for a physical presence, a focal point, up front. I thought Harris did well yesterday and his endeavour cannot be questioned but a couple of balls were whipped in, just above head height, that are tap ins for a bigger lad. I’m sure we have other targets other than JCH and FL and probably need to trust the recruitment process, even if it is a bit patchy in respect of strikers.

To be honest, either are a massive upgrade on what we have in terms of goal scoring. Watching yesterday, there is a desperate need for a physical presence, a focal point, up front. I thought Harris did well yesterday and his endeavour cannot be questioned but a couple of balls were whipped in, just above head height, that are tap ins for a bigger lad. I’m sure we have other targets other than JCH and FL and probably need to trust the recruitment process, even if it is a bit patchy in respect of strikers.
A head-height tap-in would be spectacular to watch.

My biggest concern is the recalling of Beadle and Stevens. As long as they remain, I'm happy with just a striker. I would also keep Bennett on for the rest of the season (though will then likely need to look for that position in the summer).

Ladapo for me if not then jch they would show we’re serious! Does anyone know when Edwards is back? I think we need to move on from Browne as he’s always injured!
Someone tweeted edwards did his ACL surely that’s bs… we’d of come out and said something no point him being here. Agree on Browne overrated for me and always injured. I’d be looking at a wide player also in January

My biggest concern is the recalling of Beadle and Stevens. As long as they remain, I'm happy with just a striker. I would also keep Bennett on for the rest of the season (though will then likely need to look for that position in the summer).
If noone leaves then its a Striker and a Winger for me. Having said that the better teams in this league have a much greater wealth of strikers than 1 or 2 and so maybe we should be in for 2 strikers and not 1?

Is it Scarlett who's gone back to Spurs would be a nice back up ,didn't he do well last year in league 1

If noone leaves then its a Striker and a Winger for me. Having said that the better teams in this league have a much greater wealth of strikers than 1 or 2 and so maybe we should be in for 2 strikers and not 1?
Possibly a proven goalscoring striker purchase, plus a Perkins replacement loan?

Is it Scarlett who's gone back to Spurs would be a nice back up ,didn't he do well last year in league 1
Not great for Pompey, 4 goals in 34 appearances. Obviously has something though, just a case of getting use to men’s football I think.

Hoping we buy a striker, maybe him as a back up (scarlett) and use Harris off either wing ,iam sure that's where he played mostly for Cardiff.

Hoping we buy a striker, maybe him as a back up (scarlett) and use Harris off either wing ,iam sure that's where he played mostly for Cardiff.
As the RadOx guys keep saying, Harris does a lot of movement, making the right runs and battling for the ball to help get others in. He's just not a Number 9. As you say, cutting in off the wing would probably be better for him.

Someone tweeted edwards did his ACL surely that’s bs… we’d of come out and said something no point him being here. Agree on Browne overrated for me and always injured. I’d be looking at a wide player also in January
Yea agree think we need another wide man

There was a photo on Instagram of Edwards with a cast over his foot. I don't think we will see him again this season.

Would be great to get him, he’s not had enough starts at Ipswich and their fans reckon he could do with loan to a L1 club.

Would be great to get him, he’s not had enough starts at Ipswich and their fans reckon he could do with loan to a L1 club.
He played for Spurs in the carabao cup earlier this season so can he play for anyone else now? I know there’s a rule only allowing you to play for two teams a season but does that include the carabao cup I imagine it does.

Says the person, who thinks buying the Kassam was better than moving to a new home.

At least he has/had the nuts to say it. I suppose if you have north of £125m in your pocket to build a stadium the same size/smaller than the current one, then fair f***s.

Anyway back to the transfer window..............

According to George Elek on The Dub today Ladapo is unlikely due to Ipswich's main striker getting injured and Dane Scarlett being recalled by Spurs meaning Ladapo has jumped up the pecking order.

I'll make a bold prediction here! We will buy an Ipswich striker in January! Gassan Ahadme on loan to Cambridge. He's got 7/20 ( but I think he takes pens as well) in an average side. I saw him at Cambridge. Moore couldn't get near him. He's good in the air, pretty quick and aggressive. About £400K should do it.

I'll make a bold prediction here! We will buy an Ipswich striker in January! Gassan Ahadme on loan to Cambridge. He's got 7/20 ( but I think he takes pens as well) in an average side. I saw him at Cambridge. Moore couldn't get near him. He's good in the air, pretty quick and aggressive. About £400K should do it.

£400K for Ahadme or £400K for Clarke-Harris?

FWI - Ahadme is out for 10 weeks approx with a stress fracture.

Doubt Stevens is going anywhere.

Brentford seemed a bit grumpy with us not playing him earlier in the season, hence not letting him play in Round 1 of the cup.
But now he's starting every game, they let him play in Round 2 which is a strong sign they're now content with him staying.
Don't think he's ready to play higher up yet so little danger of them recalling him to move him to the Championship.

Beadle on the other hand.....will worry about him til the window shuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom