Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Oh lord, it isn't even December! I have only just recovered from the summer transfer thread

2) Is Stevens being recalled something on the cards? People are talking as if it is, not sure if it is speculative or informed by something
Haven't heard anything official, but he wasn't allowed to play for us in the cup... wonder if they're eyeing up a potential championship loan if he was doing well? Doubt he'd be recalled for first team contention at Brentford.

Am I right in thinking Edwards is the other one for whom the parent club has a break clause in the loan agreement?

I concur with the above:

- Striker
- Fullback / wingback
- Midfielder

Trust we'll go big on the striker if necessary.

Am I right in thinking Edwards is the other one for whom the parent club has a break clause in the loan agreement?

Think it's standard practise nowadays to have a January break clause - suspect that all five of our loans have it.

Equally would be very surprised if it's exercised for Mills or Edwards. The former is clearly not ready to play at a higher level; the latter probably could but really just needs some regular game time. Frankly, I would be surprised if it's exercised for Stevens too. He's getting better as a player, but he's not Championship-ready yet.

Perkins going back in January would probably be best for everybody.

Beadle is the one I'll worry about until February 1st!

Think it's standard practise nowadays to have a January break clause - suspect that all five of our loans have it.

Equally would be very surprised if it's exercised for Mills or Edwards. The former is clearly not ready to play at a higher level; the latter probably could but really just needs some regular game time. Frankly, I would be surprised if it's exercised for Stevens too. He's getting better as a player, but he's not Championship-ready yet.

Perkins going back in January would probably be best for everybody.

Beadle is the one I'll worry about until February 1st!
I would try to buy Edward’s and hope we hold on to Mills and Beadle

Also think we are in for the Bradford striker that’s on loan at the scum
I dont believe he's played for Bradford this season so would be available to go to another club in Jan. He would fit the development/perm signing as well as top end loan to replace Perkins. GOD to go out on loan is a must for me.

With Edwards OOC in the summer, I would hope we are looking to line something up.

As an aside, looking through that huge Ipswich squad, Donacien ~ 200mins, Ladapo ~ 350mins, Dom Ball ~50mins and Harness ~500mins. Not sure the injury status of those mentioned, but plenty that could add something.

Would also add Ebou Adams and Jay Matete into the mix.

Shopping list:

: Proven striker on a permanent
: Send Perkins back and replace him with another loan striker
: Stevens possibly being recalled so sign another right back. One a bit stronger and powerful like Greg Leigh would be good.
: Try and sign Edwards on permanently and this would allow to sign another midfielder (powerful one) on loan.

What's Conor Coventry up to these days? Apparently was excellent at Rotherham last year and he won't be having a sniff of the West Ham first team, at 23 it's not going to happen for him there. I think I heard he's out of contract this summer, be best for all parties if he moves permanently in January.

With Edwards OOC in the summer, I would hope we are looking to line something up.

As an aside, looking through that huge Ipswich squad, Donacien ~ 200mins, Ladapo ~ 350mins, Dom Ball ~50mins and Harness ~500mins. Not sure the injury status of those mentioned, but plenty that could add something.

Would also add Ebou Adams and Jay Matete into the mix.
If we didn’t make decent offer to Ipswich in January I would be very disappointed. He’s playing regular football at a club going for promotion and I think he’s good pals with Greg Leigh which should help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom