Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

The reason I'm here is because I think OUFC have the potential to compete in the PL and even get to the knock-out stages of the Champions League. How son do you think this will happen? Will I more than likely be dead? I'm thinking Villarreal. Probably it'll happen when football becomes a predominantly middle-class sport. So when heading is banned and reckless slide-tackling is outlawed. I'm in favour of banning heading and people flying in off their feet with little chance of getting the ball without taking the player in possession with him or her.

Christ, he's back.

The reason I'm here is because I think OUFC have the potential to compete in the PL and even get to the knock-out stages of the Champions League. How son do you think this will happen? Will I more than likely be dead? I'm thinking Villarreal. Probably it'll happen when football becomes a predominantly middle-class sport. So when heading is banned and reckless slide-tackling is outlawed. I'm in favour of banning heading and people flying in off their feet with little chance of getting the ball without taking the player in possession with him or her.
Promotion to the championship is needed first .... how so(o)n do I think that'll happen? ... this coming season, 'We're going up as f*****g champions'

Up The Manor

I am not a businessman so maybe those more clued up can advise. How much would a marketing director salary and budget for his campaigns/team etc cost? Maybe £250k? Is there really enough extra revenue out there from
Let’s face it our pockets, to generate that outlay back plus profit?
I built what turned into a £500,000 per year e-commerce platform and product-driven revenue model with literally £0 in marketing spend and just £5,000 in design and development spend. Everything in terms of engagement was built via organic social media reach and a long term commitment to data collection and re-marketing techniques.

The advantage that a football club has over most other businesses and industries is that it’s so fiercely supported, with a vast number of people who know it exists beyond the hardcore fanatics. It isn’t competing to be discovered and awareness is virtually baked in, so that takes a huge need for large budgets away. Especially given it already has free access to the promotional power of not only local media (TV, radio, newspapers and online) but also global exposure through the likes of Sky. Football clubs generate traffic and engagement for third party media platforms, so it doesn’t actually need to spend a penny on that side of things. If anything, it should be getting paid in some cases.

Good ideas, forward planning and a willingness to do the basics to a competent standard are enough to make marketing at least a minor success for a L1 football club. It’s taking an active effort to be as bad as the club is at present. Either the people in charge can’t be bothered because they don’t have to answer to anybody or they don’t actually know how to do the job. Maybe it’s a bit of both.

I’m aware that might sound particularly blunt, but it really is beyond poor at the moment and has been for a while. People like @Colin B know how many years I’ve been dismayed by this stuff, and I’m happy to be on the same ‘team’ as somebody like him when it comes to this debate.

These days marketing can be done by very few people for pennies if you avoid labour-intensive/costly methods like letters in the post, sorry old folk (like me) :ROFLMAO:

Socials, forums etc = exposure, if 10% engage with it there is a potential sale.

As @Scotchegg mentioned if each one of 3,000 people "share" a story etc to their 100 friends/connections that goes to 300,000 just like that.

You just need to keep stoking the fire, as per the 10k gates threads on a small backwater forum of a small football club. 🤷‍♀️
It would be nowhere near 300,000.
6 degrees of separation and all that.

I'm all in favour of heading and slide tackles my game is based around it.

It would be nowhere near 300,000.
6 degrees of separation and all that.

But it would be far more than the club would reach through social media alone and also allows for the "product" to be sold to those who may not already have a connection to the club.

So I had a quick look at the clubs social media platforms see what sort of numbers does the club have to reach out to.

On instagram the club have 45.2k followers and on Twitter they have 89.4k followers.

That is a lot of people the club can reach out to for free with some clever thinking and unique ideas. The power of social media shouldn’t be underestimated and the fact the club no longer have someone doing marketing full time does surprise me a bit considering the ambitions of the owners.

Also if anyone is wondering, our social media following is on par with clubs such as Shrewsbury, Port Vale and Exeter while clubs like Plymouth and MK Dons have broken the 100k follower mark.

Now fo

So I had a quick look at the clubs social media platforms see what sort of numbers does the club have to reach out to.

On instagram the club have 45.2k followers and on Twitter they have 89.4k followers.

That is a lot of people the club can reach out to for free with some clever thinking and unique ideas. The power of social media shouldn’t be underestimated and the fact the club no longer have someone doing marketing full time does surprise me a bit considering the ambitions of the owners.

Also if anyone is wondering, our social media following is on par with clubs such as Shrewsbury, Port Vale and Exeter while clubs like Plymouth and MK Dons have broken the 100k follower mark.

Now fo
57K on Facebook, 12.8K on YouTube

I just did a count and my numbers (on a like-for-like basis with last count) are up 285 at 4,626. That doesn't include any figure for Block 12 so with the club reporting through the Oxford Mail that we are just under 4,700, that suggests that about 70 have been sold as season tickets in that section.

Looking at the rate of sales we should be up to and hopefully above 5,000 by the time the season starts, but we will probably not reach the 5,500 highest previous season ticket number. Good figure nonetheless and the East Stand (in particular the two middle blocks) has very strong sales with 1,770 of the total in that stand.

That the club is hiring external marketing agencies for such basic activity as “promote season tickets a bit” is frankly appalling.

I wouldn't say that video is basic. Don't think Chris Williams filming on his iPhone would have the same outcome. Lots of company's hire external photographers etc, not much is in house anymore.

Has anybody else noticed the "error" on the letter accompanying their ST?

Talk about basics........... :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom