Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

Fans wall in all concourses for next season.

Just attempted to do a late night, blurry-eyed count of all the grey dots (i.e. sold season tickets) excluding those seats which clearly aren't put up for sale (e.g. the front row of some blocks, block 12 which seems to be kept in reserve and part of block 9).

I can't stress enough that these figures are purely an estimate and are likely to overstate the number of season tickets sold to date because, as Colin has noted, a number of seats (additional to those I have excluded) are likely not released for sale due to restricted visibility, poor line of sight or other reasons (reserved for scouts, players families, club etc). The figures also don't include any executive box 'season ticket' sales.

Anyway with all those caveats and emphasising again that this figure is likely to be higher than the number actually sold, I have the season ticket figure currently at 4,341.

The sales per block are shown below (mainly for Colin's sake if he is trying to keep a tally also or wants to cross reference)

South Stand Lower - 763 (1 - 1, 2 - 24, 3 - 111, 4 - 153, 5 - 178, 6 - 216, 7 - 75, 8 - 5)

South Stand Upper - 981 (9 - 33, 10 - 98, 11 - 208, 12 - 0, 13 - 275, 14 - 232, 15 - 135)

East Stand - 1691 (16 - 84, 17 - 308, 18 - 423, 19 - 404, 20 - 389, 21 - 83)

North Stand - 906 (22 -78, 23 - 373, 24 - 226, 25 - 229)

As plenty of others have pointed out already on this thread, the lack of any club date update beyond when we reached 2000 sales is somewhat baffling, particularly if we are through the 4,000 barrier as my figures would suggest. Hopefully the dot counting and frequent sales updates built a bit of momentum last year (new abacus purchased on that premise!), and I really can't understand the lack of announcements from the club. Perhaps this post might encourage them to do so and give out the correct figure so I can then be more accurate with counts thereafter!
Curragh, in the absence of anything from the club, would you be able to update this? I assume that sales are over 4,500 now but presumably less than the target of the 5,000 the club set?
Thanks

I can do it for you @Foley

We're just shy of 5,000 when everything is added in. We've sold between 500/600 since open sale, mostly new sales, but some renewals will also be among that. We are a couple of hundred ahead of last year's full sales (which included about 200 half year sales).

I think some signings will boost numbers further, but why the club have done the announcements that they have, and then stopped, is a mystery to me. As is the whole marketing effort this close season. It's not a bad figure, but I feel it could have been so much better if it had been handled in a more pro-active and front footed way like many other clubs. Not allowing new people to buy a season ticket when the last season finished is an own goal of massive proportions in my opinion and we need to learn from it.

I can do it for you @Foley

We're just shy of 5,000 when everything is added in. We've sold between 500/600 since open sale, mostly new sales, but some renewals will also be among that. We are a couple of hundred ahead of last year's full sales (which included about 200 half year sales).

I think some signings will boost numbers further, but why the club have done the announcements that they have, and then stopped, is a mystery to me. As is the whole marketing effort this close season. It's not a bad figure, but I feel it could have been so much better if it had been handled in a more pro-active and front footed way like many other clubs. Not allowing new people to buy a season ticket when the last season finished is an own goal of massive proportions in my opinion and we need to learn from it.
Good one Colin.
5 000 would be pretty good, but as you suggest it could have been so much more with better marketing.

Who is in charge of marketing @Colin B ?

David Garth was Commercial Director, but he left several months ago and doesn't seem to have been replaced. He was employed on a consultancy basis, was not full time, and lived in Yorkshire. At the moment Tom Laws and Lee Barton are responsible for Marketing, CRM, Ticketing and Retail between them.

In my opinion we need a good, experienced, marketing manager/director to come in and shake the whole thing up. It goes without saying that this person should be full time and long term. A good head of marketing should be a person that we're all aware of, someone who's always in the media and in front of us. The fact that long standing fans such as yourself @Ricky Otto don't know who is in charge of marketing tells its own sorry story as to their (lack of) effectiveness.

I am not a businessman so maybe those more clued up can advise. How much would a marketing director salary and budget for his campaigns/team etc cost? Maybe £250k? Is there really enough extra revenue out there from
Let’s face it our pockets, to generate that outlay back plus profit?

I am not a businessman so maybe those more clued up can advise. How much would a marketing director salary and budget for his campaigns/team etc cost? Maybe £250k? Is there really enough extra revenue out there from
Let’s face it our pockets, to generate that outlay back plus profit?

These days marketing can be done by very few people for pennies if you avoid labour-intensive/costly methods like letters in the post, sorry old folk (like me) :ROFLMAO:

Socials, forums etc = exposure, if 10% engage with it there is a potential sale.

As @Scotchegg mentioned if each one of 3,000 people "share" a story etc to their 100 friends/connections that goes to 300,000 just like that.

You just need to keep stoking the fire, as per the 10k gates threads on a small backwater forum of a small football club. 🤷‍♀️

I would imagine that the club will be doing everything possible to grow the support in advance of the new stadium.
So with STs you hook in the supporters.
An extra 1k STs can have a positive impact on revenues for years. It also pretty much guarantees an increase in the average attendance, which is a real positive marketing message. NMcW suggested that the target was 5, 500 STs this season and I would think that the plan was to beat that. It appears that the total is just below 5 000 so whilst better than last season is good, I would think that this is lower than planned on.
That is not taking account of the marketing of match day tickets, replica kits, business sponsorship ( plus the women's team, even 50/50 tickets)
I am sure that having the right person would make a huge difference in the clubs profile as well as revenues ( although the horse has nearly bolted on the ST sales)

... my( £10 surcharge) plastic season ticket arrived today :)

The reason I'm here is because I think OUFC have the potential to compete in the PL and even get to the knock-out stages of the Champions League. How son do you think this will happen? Will I more than likely be dead? I'm thinking Villarreal. Probably it'll happen when football becomes a predominantly middle-class sport. So when heading is banned and reckless slide-tackling is outlawed. I'm in favour of banning heading and people flying in off their feet with little chance of getting the ball without taking the player in possession with him or her.

Back
Top Bottom