Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

So, a bit of an update.

I have us at 5,400 season tickets now. That's doing a basic dot count, ignoring the obvious front rows that are shown as sold but obviously aren't, including the Corporate Block 12 sales, but not including the boxes (which is 290 when sold out, and won't be far off that in seasonal sales).

It's difficult to absolutely sure what is sold and what is blanked out, and may come back onto match day sale, as often happens. But what is certain is that sales have picked up. Doing a like for like comparison with my earlier counts (I do one a week) we have sold 400 in the last two weeks and 1,100 since open sale. I'd like to think with a payday coming up, some exciting signings through the door, people actually receiving their tickets in the post, and the season only a week away, that we can shift a few hundred more before our opening home game in two week's time.

I'll do checks twice a week until then.

So, a bit of an update.

I have us at 5,400 season tickets now. That's doing a basic dot count, ignoring the obvious front rows that are shown as sold but obviously aren't, including the Corporate Block 12 sales, but not including the boxes (which is 290 when sold out, and won't be far off that in seasonal sales).

It's difficult to absolutely sure what is sold and what is blanked out, and may come back onto match day sale, as often happens. But what is certain is that sales have picked up. Doing a like for like comparison with my earlier counts (I do one a week) we have sold 400 in the last two weeks and 1,100 since open sale. I'd like to think with a payday coming up, some exciting signings through the door, people actually receiving their tickets in the post, and the season only a week away, that we can shift a few hundred more before our opening home game in two week's time.

@OUSP Secretary would be nice if the club could announce if sales have passed over 5k and are actually at 5.4K. With some kind of push for 6k announcement or something?

So, a bit of an update.

That's excellent Colin.
As you say payday will be coming up for quite a few and the first home game nearly 2 weeks to go, hopefully there we still be more sold.
If we have hit 5 000 I am surprised that the club haven't announced that? Any idea why that would be?
If we reach 5,500+ and we have a good season, I can't see why the average crowd shouldn't be close to 9k

Colin,
Am I being stupid here?
Tickets are for sale for the Cambridge game so how are you checking ST sales?

Last season I went to a number of games with my kids, and a number of games with friends and work colleagues that I'm converting to Oxford fans! But although I only missed 4 league games, it didn't work to have a season ticket and constantly swap and move things around depending on who I was going with.

However, this year I am giving serious consideration to buying season tickets for me and the kids and then upgrading them to adult tickets if coming with mates instead. I've got a week to convince Mrs Egg that this is a good idea and will then hopefully join our growing ranks of ST holders.

Colin,
Am I being stupid here?
Tickets are for sale for the Cambridge game so how are you checking ST sales?
I would imagine he's looking at the dots for the Accrington match last game of the season? Can't imagine anyone would have bought one off tickets 10 months in advance for that

Last season I went to a number of games with my kids, and a number of games with friends and work colleagues that I'm converting to Oxford fans! But although I only missed 4 league games, it didn't work to have a season ticket and constantly swap and move things around depending on who I was going with.

However, this year I am giving serious consideration to buying season tickets for me and the kids and then upgrading them to adult tickets if coming with mates instead. I've got a week to convince Mrs Egg that this is a good idea and will then hopefully join our growing ranks of ST holders.
Thinly veiled the odd day release for an inmate or 2:)

Excellent work in the community Mr Egg

By putting all matches available for ticket purchase, is this not creating a problem when someone wants to buy a ST as the seat they would like maybe already sold for a few matches during the season.

By putting all matches available for ticket purchase, is this not creating a problem when someone wants to buy a ST as the seat they would like maybe already sold for a few matches during the season.
Those people have had a couple of months to secure their seats.
Not sure that the club can be criticised for selling tickets for the first few games

Those people have had a couple of months to secure their seats.
Not sure that the club can be criticised for selling tickets for the first few games
I think they can chose their season ticket seat for the rest of the season but will just have to swop seats for the games the seat has already been sold. Just like cup games after your sear reserved date expires

And to clarify, today I have confirmed that there is no option to bring a friend to a game, no designated area for club members, all refreshments must be purchased from the bar (or on the concourse) and, apparently, this is what 1893 club members wanted all along. (to pay £200 up front for access to an overpriced bar)

Apparently Bristol Rovers introduced QR codes for their season tickets, but forgot to enable some of the turnstiles to scan them, meaning fans had to go to the ticket office for paper tickets, or go in unchecked.

We've been contacted by a number 9f fans regarding issues scanning some of the season tickets today. If you were affected can you let us know on ouspinfo@gmail.com, and let us know which turnstile you were using.

We've been contacted by a number 9f fans regarding issues scanning some of the season tickets today. If you were affected can you let us know on ouspinfo@gmail.com, and let us know which turnstile you were using.
Are the club planning to allow kids to get a physical ticket for free?

As a kid, I loved having my membership card then ST at the Manor.

Are the club planning to allow kids to get a physical ticket for free?

As a kid, I loved having my membership card then ST at the Manor.
We asked for kids and older fans to have the charge waived when the charge was launched, but the answer was no. The charge is designed to discourage use of plastic.

We asked for kids and older fans to have the charge waived when the charge was launched, but the answer was no. The charge is designed to discourage use of plastic.
It's a faff having 3 ST's on my phone, sometimes both/1 of my 2 boys might not come.

Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom