Away Match Day Thread +++ 20/10/18 Bristol Rovers v OUFC +++

A while ago I commented that our biggest concern should be how easily we were shipping goals. I didn't think Robinson was going to be able to sure up the defence, but the last theee games have proved me wrong. I'm very happy with another clean sheet.

We were the better team in the first half, and they were the better team in the second, so a draw is probably fair. Baptiste going off seemed to throw us out of whack a little bit. Carruthers looked very lightweight, and they started to capitalise on that in the second half. I'm not sure why Hanson didn't come on just to make sure we remained solid.

I thought Mackie put in another very good shift. It was always going to be difficult for him in the second half after the ridiculous booking he received in the first. The back four also defended well again, and Mousinho put in another mature performance sat in front of them.

Overall, I'm pleased with the draw. Maybe we could've taken the game to them a bit more in the second half, but we would've risked conceding on the break. At the moment, I'm just glad to see us defend like a team and do the gritty bits well, because I wasn't sure we were capable of doing so.

Let's hope we can do it again at Charlton. COYY

I know he's coming back from injury and all that but personally I thought Carruthers was awful.

Happy with a point definatly the fair result, we were much better first half and they were pretty decent second half.

Another clean sheet, fair play to the defence they've really stepped it up last few games.

Carruthers was indeed dreadful

Sorry, Baptise dislocated his shoulder and we played him! Why? He could end out for weeks!

A while ago I commented that our biggest concern should be how easily we were shipping goals. I didn't think Robinson was going to be able to sure up the defence, but the last theee games have proved me wrong. I'm very happy with another clean sheet.

We were the better team in the first half, and they were the better team in the second, so a draw is probably fair. Baptiste going off seemed to throw us out of whack a little bit. Carruthers looked very lightweight, and they started to capitalise on that in the second half. I'm not sure why Hanson didn't come on just to make sure we remained solid.

I thought Mackie put in another very good shift. It was always going to be difficult for him in the second half after the ridiculous booking he received in the first. The back four also defended well again, and Mousinho put in another mature performance sat in front of them.

Overall, I'm pleased with the draw. Maybe we could've taken the game to them a bit more in the second half, but we would've risked conceding on the break. At the moment, I'm just glad to see us defend like a team and do the gritty bits well, because I wasn't sure we were capable of doing so.

Let's hope we can do it again at Charlton. COYY
I agree with pretty much all of this but I will say for all of his huffing and puffing I remain unconvinced that Mackie’s the answer to our issues up front. Having said that I’m not sure we could afford the answer while we play one up front.

Apparently he has an underlying problem with his shoulder. And yes he hurt it in training Thursday.
For goodness sake, how many players do we have that are carrying injuries that have to be managed etc? I'm fed up with it tbh. Holmes again today. Baptiste now. Browne will break down again soon. Carruthers is an injury waiting to happen. Mackie was playing with a bad back today. It goes on and on. How can you ever have a settled side with all this in the background.

Apparently he has an underlying problem with his shoulder. And yes he hurt it in training Thursday.
For goodness sake, how many players do we have that are carrying injuries that have to be managed etc? I'm fed up with it tbh. Holmes again today. Baptiste now. Browne will break down again soon. Carruthers is an injury waiting to happen. Mackie was playing with a bad back today. It goes on and on. How can you ever have a settled side with all this in the background.
Just a thought, maybe all teams have these minor or niggling injuries but keep them quieter? We have certainly signed some crocks in an attempt to be clever and get a bargain, however.

KR is taking risks cos he wants to keep his job.

It's not as if Baptiste was forced on to the pitch at gun point? He had a knock, would have been assessed and all decided that he was good to play. Injuries happen.

We were ok in the first half until the expected barrage came in the second half. I cannot understand why a manager would play potentially our best asset, with the potential to damage his shoulder even more. We did have 2 guilt edged chances in the first half, but gave them too much space in the second half.
It was as much about their poor finishing, as our defending. There are still as many questions to be answered about Robinsons management skills are there are about why we have taken on a hospital worth of loan players, knowing they were injured.

The reality is we haven’t got enough cover for injuries and have to wait until January to strengthen. All in all a good result, one which is better for us than Rovers.
There’ll be a few managers going soon. Clarke and Adams might be departures....could be benitez and Adkins too.
Hope we can get something against Charlton. They will be difficult, having beaten Barnsley today

KR was desperate to get the team in at half time presumably for a rousing team talk. WTF did he say: it obviously didn’t work?

Content with today's result. If someone had said we would get 5 points from 9 after the Luton game I'd definitely have taken it. We are a whisker away from being out of relegation zone and out defence is looking much better. More importantly we are looking better at grinding out a point which can be the difference between staying up and going down. I am much less worried than I was a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom