Away Match Day Thread +++ 20/10/18 Bristol Rovers v OUFC +++

Shoulder laxity is an odd one...he could play all season and not have it dislocate, or he could have it sublux if a butterfly sneeze on him.

Trouble is the more frequently it happens, the more likely it is that it’ll continue to happen, and Shandon might be looking at significant surgery sooner than later.

We must be prepared that if the surgeon finds him lax enough, he might be operated and out a couple of months.
The rehabilitation times for recovering from a serious dislocated shoulder and from the operation seem similar anyway.

We witnessed some of the trouble. Lots of 17 year olds jostling and pushing. (And filming themselves.) Police seemed to arrive on the scene quickly. There appeared to be a smashed window as well.

1ST Half: Free flowing football, ample opportunities at goal. Should have been 2 up at Half time, Baptiste should've buried his effort instead went for placement. Midfield was strong and controlled the game and Defence solid.

2ND Half: Complete opposite,Carruthers not fit and that allowed them to win the midfield battle, when Hanson came on i thought there was more bite in the midfield. The issue was they started doubling up on Whyte and Browne forcing us to hoof it to Mackie who had no service and the ball kept coming back at us.

We witnessed some of the trouble. Lots of 17 year olds jostling and pushing. (And filming themselves.) Police seemed to arrive on the scene quickly. There appeared to be a smashed window as well.

Sounds pwoper nawty

1ST Half: Free flowing football, ample opportunities at goal. Should have been 2 up at Half time, Baptiste should've buried his effort instead went for placement. Midfield was strong and controlled the game and Defence solid.

2ND Half: Complete opposite,Carruthers not fit and that allowed them to win the midfield battle, when Hanson came on i thought there was more bite in the midfield. The issue was they started doubling up on Whyte and Browne forcing us to hoof it to Mackie who had no service and the ball kept coming back at us.
And this is my big worry.
One manager spots where tactically he can gain an advantage by changing things, quite clearly.
The other just carries on the same old way and hopes something will happen.

Spot on this, Carruthers was dreadful. Those little chips he tried to play into the box for Mackie were awful, why we didn't bring Hanson on straight away I don't know. Maybe KR trying to press the point Carruthers was his signing and it was his tactical genius in securing the loan that will save our season? We lost the bite in midfield that Derby fans said Hanson would be able to provide when he signed.

My main concern is that there doesn’t seem to be an actual plan on how we are going to create good chances. We are just reliant on our attacking flair players to have moments of brilliance to open teams up.

No evident style of play, no clear strategy to score.
Because Robbo is a tactical numpty?

Honestly ive seen bowls of porridge with more tactical acumen.

Does anybody know what exactly happened? It seemed to me that some Oxford must have left early and set themselves up in the Tinto Lounge with beers and then waited for the Rovers fans to come past and then started goading them. If that’s what happened it was a little naive of Tinto to let them all in and serve them. Most of the pubs and cafes in the area lock down for an hour or so after the game finishes. Either that or have signs outside saying home fans only. Nobody likes away fans taking a place over ‘on their turf’

Yes was pretty much what happened but they weren’t teenagers by any stretch looked pretty hard core group and lots of them. I walked past them surrounded in the tinto where was bit of trouble with police and rovers fans and then stopped at next pub down. About five mins later they ran past must have been about 50 of them towards hob goblin with police in pursuit.

Without saying too much it was day out for old friends. :)
Nothing much untoward happened, no worse than any stag do or Saturday night shenanigans just older people.

Without saying too much it was day out for old friends. :)
Nothing much untoward happened, no worse than any stag do or Saturday night shenanigans just older people.
.. ...tomorrow eve both the U's & gas are away south of the water, to charlton &afc Wimbledon respectively....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

.. ...tomorrow eve both the U's & gas are away south of the water, to charlton &afc Wimbledon respectively....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

It’s a good 12 miles between venues. If they were desperate for round two there’s always Paddington I guess...

Back
Top Bottom