Away Match Day Thread 19/02/2022 L1: Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the performances of the season, right up there.

Superb performance, that formation really suited us. We looked more solid the back with the back 3. Sykes and Williams gave us bags of energy down both wings.

Baldocks movement is a class above, he creates more space for Taylor.

I can only imagine that Bodin playing in Whytes position could make that even better.

Henry and Browne still to come in as well, good stuff this week.

Sunderland, 1 win in 9 and out of the playoffs, amusing! So so close from us down to Sheffield Wednesday, cannot write off Ipswich or Bolton either yet.

Special mention for Ryan Williams.

I was very underwhelmed when we signed him in the summer, but he's improved so much since he was last here, and is an absolutely awesome player.

That's his position to lose now as far as I'm concerned.

Well done Willo! 👏
Thought he useful before..always quick and skillful if a little "green"

Superb game played absolutely brilliant more of the same on Tuesday 2nd half did we actually play anyone? There was only one side in it. Everyone had a great game today and the ref was pretty decent.

Superb game played absolutely brilliant more of the same on Tuesday 2nd half did we actually play anyone? There was only one side in it. Everyone had a great game today and the ref was pretty decent.

Second half what impressed me the most was the game management. Call it boring if you wish but everytime Charlton looked like they were going to be putting pressure on us we slowed the game. Baldock's goal went in and there was only one winner from that point.

Thought he useful before..always quick and skillful if a little "green"
He's added sooo much to his game since those days, and looks a much more mature and rounded player now, with much improved positional awareness, intelligent use of the ball, and improved passing/crossing ability, and his defensive skills have been a really surprising addition to his game.

He's been superb whenever he's played as full back or wing back, on either side, and is a starter from now on for me.

6 Yellows and a red for Charlton. Fine for them methinks. But we had 4 as well.
Perhaps the ref was easily mislead.

6 Yellows and a red for Charlton. Fine for them methinks. But we had 4 as well.
Perhaps the ref was easily mislead.

Some of the yellow cards shouldn't have been a yellow that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom