Away Match Build Up 19/02/2022 L1: Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
We move on to Charlton away!

We do not do too bad against them. But we might be going on a bad run, I hope not!

W: 3
L: 1
D:2

03 Feb 2018Charlton Athletic v Oxford UnitedW2-3League One
23 Oct 2018Charlton Athletic v Oxford UnitedD1-1League One
19 Apr 2019Oxford United v Charlton AthleticW2-1League One
27 Oct 2020Charlton Athletic v Oxford UnitedL2-0League One
06 Mar 2021Oxford United v Charlton AthleticD0-0League One
14 Aug 2021Oxford United v Charlton AthleticW2-1League One

A narrow win, by a goal!

Baldock and Winnall both scored twice in the friendly game today, wouldn't be surprised to see one of them start.

Team was:
Eastwood (Plumley h/t), Forde (Smith 75), Mousinho (Sade 80), Golding, Elechi, Chambers-Parillon, Smyth (Goodrham 46), Davis (Anifowose 73), Baldock (O’Donkor 60), Winnall (Spasov 63), Browne

Team for me should be.

Stevens
Long Moore McNally Seddon
Sykes Kane Brannagan
Whyte Taylor Holland

Subs: Eastwood, Brown, Williams, Forde, McGuane, Baldock, Winnall.

Bodin injured?

Last edited:
I'd take a draw to steady the ship after the last two results. We'll concede, at least twice, so I'm predicting 2-2.

Might be an absolute pig to get to following Storm Eunice.

I'd take a draw to steady the ship after the last two results. We'll concede, at least twice, so I'm predicting 2-2.

Hopefully travels won't be affected too much 😬
I have to agree. A point away from home will help me get over our performance against Accrington, although i am feeling slightly optimistic.. 1-2

Difficult this one to predict but I will go for a 2-1 win for Oxford and get us back on track

I have a feeling Charlton will be thinking the same. They’re coming into this one on the back of two defeats too. I can see the game petering out if it’s all square on the 80th minute and the conditions are not conductive to a good game.

Could you share on social media for all Oxford fans?

We are a 1 minute walk from Westcombe Park Station. Then for The Valley you can get a 2 minute train up from the station or walk which is about a mile.. 10 minutes :)

I actually thought that the home game against Charlton was one of our finest performances this season. They gave us time on the ball and we played some beautiful stuff. Should have won by more.

We'll see how Charlton come out and try to play tomorrow, but if they try and out-football us again, then I'll be fairly confident of the three points (though not a clean sheet sadly the way we've been defending)

Their fans are not confident of them winning this one. No fit strikers apparently. If they can’t score against us… Well!!😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom