Home Match Day Thread +++ 19/01/2019 OUFC v Portsmouth Matchday Thread +++

Just got back to Pompey having my 1 st pint waiting for the blue hoards to arrive. Great result today the boys did us proud Brannigan and super Gav were superb. Ruffs and Hanson had very good games also. Mackie is such a pest how he never got a yellow card I will never know. Pompey were poor and deserved everything they got and how Lowe wasn’t red carded is beyond me. COYY going to be a good night in Pompey for me

Graham was unreal today him, Whyte and Brannagan were causing Pompey various issues. Hanson solid had there 11 in his back pocket and that tackle on the half way line was superb. Everyone wore there heart on their sleeve and we deserved that today and that was the best performance this season.

Mackie's best game for us!

Decent performance and excellent result. Whatever may or may not be happening behind the scenes the team are still playing for each other and for Robinson. Just get this striker sorted and think will be safe this season.
Is it me just getting older or is the stadium getting colder??!!
I still think we need CB cover too, we are only one injury away from a crisis in that area and with Norman and Raglan going we need cover.

Just seen the highlights.

I hadn’t realised how badly the pitch is starting to look again beneath the South Stand..

Good all round performance early in the second half I had visions of us winning by four or five.

Probably the most determined showing we’ve put in for ages, and fully deserved to beat the league leaders. I thought the crowd was noticeably more supportive today, too.

Here’s hoping this can be something of a springboard going into a tough run of games. Get another player or two in and, combined with the slightly easing fixture list after a manic last six weeks or so, there’s definitely still hope. If we can dig in like that regularly then that’s a huge, huge positive.

Great game today so many good performances it was had to pick a man of the match but I think the sponsors choice Cameron Brannagan was about right, he was everywhere today. All in all a fantastic team effort and we deserved to win by a bigger margin. Well done also to Karl Robinson and the management team.

COYY

Great game, my first for a little while but I have to confess. This was my 8 year old’s 4th game ever. His record is now 4 wins out of 4 including:
Oxford 2-0 Cambridge
Barnet 0-3 Oxford
Peterborough 1-4 Oxford
Oxford 2-1 Portsmouth
He got a new Oxford top today.
Anyone want to fund a ST for him?!
Slight issue is that we live more than 2 hours away.
I was convinced we were due a pasting today but so pleased to witness a wonderful battling performance.
More of the same please.

Great performance today. I liked robinsons comment about our players playing like wounded animals. Still think we play well against teams that attack us and struggle against teams who sit back against us.

Back
Top Bottom