Home Match Day Thread +++ 19/01/2019 OUFC v Portsmouth Matchday Thread +++

Just listened to Tigers interview.

I agree, Robinson isn’t the problem. Tiger is. I’m worried as hell tonight...

The guy comes across as clueless about the world of business and finance.

How the heck has he managed to accumulate wealth

you really think top strikers are coming here with kr .....wake up....we getting nowt but untried has beens

Portsmouth had the Friday Feeling, we got the Saturday points. I know what I'd rather have. :LOL:

A strange game. I thought they were rubbish for large parts and left it to falling over to get into the game. It felt like they thought they could turn up and win. Lowe was a dirty little sod and on another day, would have had an early shower. Awful little niggle on Hanson for no reason.

Chuffed for the club after that week. Thought Whyte was good and had his full back working hard. Mackie was good and Brannagan continues to grow. We need to build on this.

Tiger's interview was, errr, interesting to say the least. Could have summed it up with cash flow issues and left it at that. But at least we heard from him. My guess is they knew they'd pay HMRC a few day late and were willing to take the hit.

Jerome keeps alluding to answers to all the fans questions being forthcoming in the Q&As on RO in the next week.

Does he really honestly believe that??!

At the risk on being accused of negativity (someone will anyway!) how the hell are Pompey top of league 1. Yes we played extremely well. But we were allowed to by a pretty average side.!!!!!!

Speaking really well on the radio right now
Yes and admitted it was his mistake that cost us a goal and admitted he should have scored in first half, unmarked and headed wide. In the second half headed over with another uncontested header. He does win headers but does little with them, 2 mins after missing his first chance he had another uncontested header in midfield and headed it straight to a Pompy player, he’s also slow, would be ok as back up but not really good enough at the moment if we need to get up the table. I do think he will improve tho

Oh. And for those of you who weren’t there today, we have a new song for young Gav:

“I’ve a bigger one, I’ve a bigger one, I’ve a bigger one than you. I’ve a bigger one than you”.

Class.

We went back to basics today and as a result got a deserved win. No dicking around (not even from Whyte), got the ball into dangerous areas quicker than we usually tend to, and took our chances well. Given our position in the league table today's performance was exactly what we need to see every match for the remainder of the season.

In all honestly I thought Portsmouth were horrendous. I think their fans did too, considering they were ironically cheering when their team manged to string a few passes together. I'm really struggling to see how they've made it to the top of the league.
Perhaps they just had a bad day and we had a particularly good one. Or perhaps the wheels have come off their promotion push? Two losses in a row now against teams they'll feel they should be beating. We'll see I suppose.

Josh Ruffels had a fantastic game. He didn't lose one individual battle (that I can recall), and played some really good forward passes. Jamie Mackie also put in a really good performance. He occupied their CB's really well and worked tirelessly as he always does. To be fair, pretty much every player had a good match today, but for me those two stood out above the rest.

A couple more reinforcements and we might just be okay. Whether they'll arrive though is anyone's guess. Tiger continues to avoid answering questions or providing any sort of substantial information about his plans for the club. It's rather worrying that he describes the training ground and the arbitration issue as 'unexpected'. He knew about both of them when he bought the club. Did he do any sort of due diligence whilst he was scrambling around trying to find the money to pay Eales?

Back
Top Bottom