Home Match Build Up 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Who will win this leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are allowing 21K fans for the FA Cup Final. If they did the same for the playoff final I think we'd get 8-9K tickets, fewer sponsors etc. to please than for the FA Cup. However I think the FA Cup has been designated as some kind of special event so likely to be only 10K fans.

If we get to the final and they give us only 5k allowance at least that’s more than we could take last year

Quite often, frankly, no. I see this at the cricket as well. People who get tickets through their company who spend the whole day at the bar. Not all like this of course, but it's quite clear what was being said.
There are many 'corporate' supporters of the club who are avid fans and supporters. There are many to be seen at games getting just as involved as any full blooded East stand supporter. The only difference being that they now financially support the club through means other than buying a ticket or spending money in the shop.
I do find it poor that people wish to denigrate anyone attending a game under the corporate banner.
I agree that the 'guests' who attend simply for the freebies are not necessarily supporters but, surely the person who has paid for their ticket deserves a little respect?

There are many 'corporate' supporters of the club who are avid fans and supporters. There are many to be seen at games getting just as involved as any full blooded East stand supporter. The only difference being that they now financially support the club through means other than buying a ticket or spending money in the shop.
I do find it poor that people wish to denigrate anyone attending a game under the corporate banner.
I agree that the 'guests' who attend simply for the freebies are not necessarily supporters but, surely the person who has paid for their ticket deserves a little respect?
Sorry, I'll clarify. For Oxford United corporate partners, 100% yes I agree with you. I think what was being alluded to was corporate partners of the EFL etc, who have no affiliation to either club.

On a slightly different Blackpool front, I can remember a trip up to Bloomfield Road (95 or 96) just after the owner Owen Oyston had been charged with rape and assault. He came on to the pitch before the game with a microphone and paraded around pronouncing his innocence (he was, of course, guilty as guilty can be). I seem to remember the response from the Oxford fans present couldn't be described as understated!

On a slightly different Blackpool front, I can remember a trip up to Bloomfield Road (95 or 96) just after the owner Owen Oyston had been charged with rape and assault. He came on to the pitch before the game with a microphone and paraded around pronouncing his innocence (he was, of course, guilty as guilty can be). I seem to remember the response from the Oxford fans present couldn't be described as understated!
"Where's your paedo gone, where's your paedo gone..."
Even the policemen laughed.

Thankfully that family are confined to history. We have a rich Blackpool fan as owner now which is why, even though I’d be gutted if we didn’t go up, I know our future is in good hands.

Wouldn’t wish the Oyston’s on Preston
Athers, that wasn't meant as a dig at Blackpool now - just a memory of a strange time! Isn't the Oyston/Belokon case still dragging on? Thought I saw something last week.

Athers, that wasn't meant as a dig at Blackpool now - just a memory of a strange time! Isn't the Oyston/Belokon case still dragging on? Thought I saw something last week.

It’s thanks to that case the Oyston’s are gone. The short version is Belokon took them to court over money owed, they couldn’t pay it, so the club was put into receivership to help pay it. Easily the best result in the clubs history

Last edited:
Match officials announced for play off semi finals

first leg -

Tuesday, 18th May 2021

Sky Bet League One Play-Off Semi-Finals First Leg

Oxford United v Blackpool (18:00)
ROBERT MADLEY
Geoffrey Liddle and David Hunt
Fourth Official : Benjamin Speedie
Reserve AR: Nicholas Cooper

Second leg -

Friday, 21st May 2021