Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
The end is in sight. Or is it?

REF WATCH :

ESh-dwGXkAQRfyI

Sheffield official Thomas Bramall in the man in the middle for today’s big game.
Bramall was appointed to the national list in the summer of 2018 and has returned this season
after tearing his ACL. This season he has taken charge of 31 matches issuing 71 yellow cards and four reds.

LAST U’s MATCH : October 20th 2020 Gillingham 3-1 Oxford U

FIRST U’s MATCH : January 22nd 2019 Bury 5-2 Oxford U ( Football League Trophy )

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

CEef4TAW8AAbRxy

Includes Phil Edwards, John Mousinho, Sean Clare, Sam Winnall, Kane Hemmings, Alex MacDonald,
Zeli Ismael, Adam Murray, Scott Shearer and Ryan Taylor.

Time for heroes today so here’s a little song to get the players ready

All we can do is focus on ourselves, if we don’t win then it is all over, a win and all eyes will move to Fratton Park.
Of course we would love to be in Pompey‘s position (just win the game) however this will go right to the wire and the longer it stays 0-0 on the South coast the better but we have to do our bit and take the game to Burton and get in front as early as possible.
I predict the 6th place position will change hands half a dozen times today however it’s the Final position that counts come 2.30pm.
We have a chance.

I just had the craziest heart breaking dream.
Pompey were winning 5-0 at half time. We are winning our game 4-1 at 88 minutes. I refresh the page and Accrington manage come all the way back to 5-5. Jubilations everywhere. Only to have it cut short by a Pompey 90+1 winner. I then run around the garden screaming Nooo Nooo Nooo!!!!

Please please please don't let it go that way football gods...

Still think we'll win but it won't be enough. You always hope for plenty of twists and turns, but I think we won't be in the play-offs for a single second today.
Onwards and upwards nonetheless, that it's come to the last game of the season with something to play for was unthinkable at the turn of the year.

COYY! COYAC!

Head says Pompey won't screw up. Heart points to this strangest of seasons and the weird connection we have with Stanley in our history. One last twist please ........

A weird one this morning and the first for some time where I’ve woken up with proper nerves. All we can do is go out there and go for the 3 points and see what happens.

If we win but miss out on the play offs then so be it. We’ve done well to be in a position to have something to play for after the start we had.

With the early signing of McGuane let’s hope that if we do miss out that we’re looking to get things sorted early and we can iron out any mistakes before the first game next season. Then we can worry about the autos :D

I'm getting nervous now. But this season I never thought we'd get anywhere near the playoffs, especially losing at Wembley in the final, then the bad part of the season we had.

If the boys go out there today and put in a really good performance, then I’m happy! If we make in the top six great, if not so be it! I think it’s kind of crazy being involved after the horrific start we had.

Let’s see what happens today, and if our season is another 2/3 matches that would be a bonus.

There will be a goal in stoppage time in one of the three games that changes everything.....but will there then be a second one too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom