Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else get the impression that Robbo is frustrated being a selling club? Not sure if I’m reading too much into his post match interview but sounds like he’s frustrated that we always sell our best players?! Obviously its frustrating but at least it means we’re solvent. We don’t have a rich Saudi backer so that’s the reality and challenge to achieve promotion.
I don’t see that he has a massive issue. He may be frustrated but he knows what sort of club we are. He even said we aren’t ready for the Championship and are ahead of schedule in our plans.

I don’t see that he has a massive issue. He may be frustrated but he knows what sort of club we are. He even said we aren’t ready for the Championship and are ahead of schedule in our plans.
He said of what we have achieved "it's way beyond, way beyond the board's expectations". A bit disappointing to hear that the board has modest ambitions.

Just looking at the side over the last few games.Since weve moved to the Brannagan,Sykes,Henry midfield 3, weve played 7 games winning 6 and only losing the Wimbledon game where Henry was sent off.Weve scored 24 goals in those games and let in just 8.The Wimbledon game was the only game we didnt score at least 3 goals in, in that run.

Sykes missed one game through injury and Henry missed one game suspended.

So is this the midfield weve needed all season?

Hi, I'm up for that as I live in Newton Abbot and go to Teignmouth and Shaldon regularly. Way too much if you were to listen to my other half!
I would love to watch the match with some fellow yellows.. keep me in the loop. Only moved to teignmouth last year so not sure which pubs might show it

I would love to watch the match with some fellow yellows.. keep me in the loop. Only moved to teignmouth last year so not sure which pubs might show it
Yes, I’m up for this also. Living in Dawlish so not far away and would welcome the chance to watch the games on a big screen, supping beer and with blokes in yellow shirts, count me in please

Yes, I’m up for this also. Living in Dawlish so not far away and would welcome the chance to watch the games on a big screen, supping beer and with blokes in yellow shirts, count me in

I knew there had to be some oxford fans down here!

Just as a afterthought, we beat Burton twice this season with an aggregate score of 9-1. I can't recall us doing the double over a team with such a large aggregate score. Another record perhaps?

He said of what we have achieved "it's way beyond, way beyond the board's expectations". A bit disappointing to hear that the board has modest ambitions.
Well, on the fans 5 minute forum a short while ago, tiger was asked , " will we make the playoffs?"....."yes" was the reply, " see you there"
So that's what tigers ambitions were.

, and I think I'm actually more confident this season than last season in our chances.
I wouldn’t say im more confident I still have nightmares from last season’s final and that pass from Henry but the only way to get rid of those nightmares is to go one better this time also I wonder if I’m the final Henry has the same chance this time if he would shoot or pass

Well, on the fans 5 minute forum a short while ago, tiger was asked , " will we make the playoffs?"....."yes" was the reply, " see you there"
So that's what tigers ambitions were.
Or maybe they were his expectations? (Pace Scotchers)
But why then did our Great Leader the beloved Karl, say the playoffs were way beyond the board's expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom