Home Match Build Up 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Who will win this leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m amazed it took you this long to show up. Somebody was talking about quince liquor earlier.

I'm off quince, it was turning me tangerine.

And there are no decent places to eat in Oxford. Imagine having to go to Oli's for a Thai or the Magdalen for hearty French country cooking or Comies for jerked stuff?

I'm off quince, it was turning me tangerine.

And there are no decent places to eat in Oxford. Imagine having to go to Oli's for a Thai or the Magdalen for hearty French country cooking or Comies for jerked stuff?
Victors? Sticks & Sushi next door to Victors is brilliant as well! I’m hungry..

No idea what wingers are tbh. We had CJ
Hamilton who’s pace puts Usain Bolt to shame but unfortunately his hamstrings have the stability of wotsits.

Garbutt, Gabriel and Mitchell all started out as fullbacks but were a bit iffy at defending so are makeshift wingers for us these days
We all know about Garbutt defending

7 points from our first 9 games didn’t help. No excuses though. You guys were around the bottom with us early doors. We’ve both had outstanding seasons
We’ve had five defenders all season. Two full backs and three centre backs. One centre back was injured and semi-retired for the first half of the season, and then we signed a kid from Ireland to replace him in January who has never played a professional match. We’ve currently got no fit right back as he did his hammy at the weekend, so if he shows up in the playoffs he’s not going to be 100% fit, and one of the two centre backs with any form of experience is having a back spasm managed. I like to bring it up for a laugh to see who does a wee in their pants, and I’m rarely let down. Welcome to the forum.

Should be a good tie. We’re first and third in the form table respectively. I think that whoever wins out will go up.

We’ve had five defenders all season. Two full backs and three centre backs. One centre back was injured and semi-retired for the first half of the season, and then we signed a kid from Ireland to replace him in January who has never played a professional match. We’ve currently got no fit right back as he did his hammy at the weekend, so if he shows up in the playoffs he’s not going to be 100% fit, and one of the two centre backs with any form of experience is having a back spasm managed. I like to bring it up for a laugh to see who does a wee in their pants, and I’m rarely let down. Welcome to the forum.

Should be a good tie. We’re first and third in the form table respectively. I think that whoever wins out will go up.
You forgot to mention Grayson (dons tin hat and crouches down behind the sandbags).

100% agree with you. Sunderland are shite and bottle merchants. If they get past Lincoln I fancy either of us to do them

Blackpool have all those defenders and end up with 9 different centre back partnerships. We have hardly any but had Moore/Mous, Moore/Long, and Moore/Atkinson!!

And everyone says that Robinson is a tinkerman that signs crocks??!! Maybe he ain't that bad after all!

Blackpool have all those defenders and end up with 9 different centre back partnerships. We have hardly any but had Moore/Mous, Moore/Long, and Moore/Atkinson!!

And everyone says that Robinson is a tinkerman that signs crocks??!! Maybe he ain't that bad after all!
Like a lot of teams this season, the schedule of Saturday Tuesday Saturday games has lead to a lot of injuries, most of them defenders.

If I remember rightly the FA Cup game away at Brighton was ridiculous. We were missing nine first team players due to injury and Covid. Ekpiteta, Ballard, Grettarson, Turton, Mitchell, Keshi, Ward, Dougall and Stewart. Never known anything like it. Same for everyone this season though.

Blackpool conceded 29 fewer goals than we did.

I can't understand why so many are quick to run us down.

We had Rob Atkinson in the League 1 team of the year, Sam Long as player of the season and Jack Stevens as young player of the season. Elliott Moore has been a fantastic captain and rock solid at the back. And Josh Ruffels has had a few blips but is still a solid full back. Our defence may have slipped a load more but you get the same points for winning 4-3 at Rochdale as you do for winning 1-0.

We've scored far more than Blackpool and have looked fantastic in recent weeks. We're scoring from all areas of the pitch and have added a steely calmness to everything we do. Other teams should be more worried about us than we should be about them.

I appreciate @Athers coming on here and wish him well, but it's f*****g Blackpool not the Brazil side from 1970!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom