Home Match Build Up 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Who will win this leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left it until the last minute in the hope that my ticket’s on the top of the pile! Knowing my luck the tickets will be in a drum (like the lottery) which I guess it is!! 🤞
Ha ha! Weve all got our ways of visualising it. I expect it will be ‘digital’.

I want Anthea Turner and Dean Windass to do the draw.

You need to brush up on your maths mate.

56 minus 37 = 19. They've conceded 19 less than us, not 29.

A good example of my post not actually being read by others. Colin read it and spotted my ‘deliberate’ error and, in doing so, passed my sly test….

Also, I’m happy to have moved to ‘mate’ from ‘pal’, which, in my book at least, is progress.

You need to brush up on your English. It’s “fewer” not less.
Every day’s a school day. 😊

19 fewer, not less.

It is said that a picture paints a thousand words. I feel that Blake's Red Dragon is best suited for what may come next.

default.jpg

I was listening to the CEO of Britain's largest pub chain, Greene King talking about opening their pubs on Monday with tables spaced out to be socially diatanced. He estimated that this would only give them a capacity of 80% and it would be difficult to break even. So why is football is only allowed 25% sitting outside?

I was listening to the CEO of Britain's largest pub chain, Greene King talking about opening their pubs on Monday with tables spaced out to be socially diatanced. He estimated that this would only give them a capacity of 80% and it would be difficult to break even. So why is football is only allowed 25% sitting outside?
Simply because of social distancing. Tables are already space out, so increasing this to give 2 metres between them has less impact. Having fans spread out significantly reduces the number of seats available.

19 fewer, not less.
You need to brush up on your English. It’s “fewer” not less.
Every day’s a school day. 😊
Thanks, and you are both of course right. But as nobody likes a smart a**e, I reserve the right to change my post to the following:

"56 minus 37 = 19. We've conceded 19 more than them, not 29." :rolleyes:

I thought my point was equally clear, and you are welcome to debate that if you wish.

But in case you don't understand I'll explain again. The number of goals we have conceded to this point counts for absolutely nothing. Oxford beating Rochdale 4-3 means nothing less than Blackpool beating Bristol Rovers 1-0. Both give 3 points and +1 in the GD column. And collectively both teams have collected enough points to go into a two game shoot out with a chance to get to Wembley.

I'm tired of hearing those who gave up on this season weeks ago now talking up our opposition rather than acknowledge the huge number of positives that we have. Does that make me overly sensitive? Perhaps. But I'd rather be like that than those who are dour despite everything we've seen in recent weeks.
I understand fine thanks. You obviously didn't, hence another one of your long diatribes missing the original point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom