Not open for further replies.
Agree; expecting a 3-0 or a 3-1 win.

Stevens
Long Mousinho Moore Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin McGuane
Henry Taylor Obita
--
Eastwood Hanson Shodipo Sykes Clare Agyei LCP

Although, of course, it'll be nothing at all like this.
LCP is out on loan

I think Jamo needs to push up a bit, he's just not the same player this season, the goal v Hull last week he really enjoyed and I think he would get his mojo back playing in the 10 role or just off MT.

Anyone know if the ticket office is open, I’ve got a ticket to go back and can’t get through.

Looking forward to hearing a good noise from our support this evening, while watching on iFollow.
Those in the posh seats can just rattle their jewellery!

Just bumped into a Northampton fan I know who has absolutely no confidence at all ahead of tonight.

It'll be 0-0 then

It’ll be a terrible game but I reckon we’ll win 2-1 thanks to having some fans in the ground.

Not one to write home about but another three points on the board.

win at any cost so we stay out of the bottom 4. just in case the muppets at the efl decide to end the season

• React
Reactions: m
D7V_BSiXkAMkR44
Ek_4xqUXgBQzWs8

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Eric Sabin, Richard Hill, Chris Hargreaves, Martin Aldridge, Les Phillips, Andy Woodman,
Dave Savage, James Hunt, Chris Willmott, Billy Jeffrey, Kemar Roofe, Billy Turley, Liam Davis , Jon Mitchell
and many more.

I think the Starting XI will be this, unless he puts Long back into the middle, which opens up the possibility of Clare at full back again now the opposition are perceived as weaker. That would be a big gamble ( though one his stubbornness might see), othwise forde or Hanson there?

LCP is out on loan, so forde or hall will have to come into the 18 instead (or both with Sykes left out?) .

Not expecting too much from this one, though a win would do a lot of good all round
He might play Clare due to 'stubborness'? Why?

He might play Clare due to 'stubborness'? Why?
To prove to the world that he was right to bring him in as a full back.

Now I dont see why this could not be tried again in future - perhasp when we are in a better league position, have the rest of the back six steady, and are playing a team with less of an attacking threat - and why it could still work, but I just don't think now is that time, because Atkinson is out and we cannot afford to get caught out again in tonight's game, particularly with the game on Saturday off as well.

For me it is Mous at CB or Long into CB and Forde at RB - no issue with Clare being used further forward for some or all of the game.

To prove to the world that he was right to bring him in as a full back.

Now I dont see why this could not be tried again in future - perhasp when we are in a better league position, have the rest of the back six steady, and are playing a team with less of an attacking threat - and why it could still work, but I just don't think now is that time, because Atkinson is out and we cannot afford to get caught out again in tonight's game, particularly with the game on Saturday off as well.

For me it is Mous at CB or Long into CB and Forde at RB - no issue with Clare being used further forward for some or all of the game.
Just not sure that if he has a different view it is due to 'stubborness'
I would play Mous at CB and keep Long at right back, but appreciate that it us a game of opinions

Our recent record against the Cobblers isn’t that good I don’t think. But a win tonight against them would push us above them in the table and things will start to look a bit better.
A hard fought 2-1 win for me.
Taylor and mous popping up with a goal from a corner.

COYY

Just not sure that if he has a different view it is due to 'stubborness'
I would play Mous at CB and keep Long at right back, but appreciate that it us a game of opinions
Clare was started once at right midfield - against Portsmouth, where the consensus was he was brilliant and ‘finally, we’re seeing him in his actual position instead of right back!!’

Not sure how much of this, if any, got back to KR but (although he was suspended for one game to be fair) we’ve never seen Clare start at right wing again, and we’ve yet to win a league game since... Stubborness from KR or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom