Home Match Day Thread 15/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Northampton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
EpTQzcZXYAcgw7G

He got absolutely clattered at the weekend? I’m not sure your points about Atkinson are at all fair. He tried to carry on and was advised to come off.
Getting "absolutely clattered" is par for the course in the life of a defender, and shouldn't mean needing to miss the next game.

Can you imagine someone like Gary Briggs or Malcolm Shotton missing a game after getting "absolutely clattered"

They don't make em like they used to!

So here we go again. I can feel 3 points in my water. Or is that kidney stones....ouch. No its a 3-0 win

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

So here we go again. I can feel 3 points in my water. Or is that kidney stones....ouch. No its a 3-0 win

COME ON YOU YELLOWS
Ah , I think it will lot tighter than that,tbh .

Three points please lads. Lets keep a steady climb up the table and make us all happier.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

• React
Reactions: UTM
Getting "absolutely clattered" is par for the course in the life of a defender, and shouldn't mean needing to miss the next game.

Can you imagine someone like Gary Briggs or Malcolm Shotton missing a game after getting "absolutely clattered"

I think you’re being incredibly harsh on the lad.

He’s stepped up from non-league, his body is bound to take a while to adapt. Also, he might be asking to play and being told he can’t. At the end of the day, if you’re injured and can’t run at 100% then the management might not want you on the pitch!

The game has moved on from back then so you can’t really compare.

Have you ever been hit at that point on your hip before? I did once with a cricket ball and it's like getting an electric shock from your toe to your ribs on that side. Briggsy would have probably ripped out his own pelvic girdle and carried on but the times they are a changing.

Given our home form, recent winless run and the fact we haven't won against Northampton in 6 years a point would be a result.

Given our home form, recent winless run and the fact we haven't won against Northampton in 6 years a point would be a result.
I really don't think it would. They are no better than us and have a whole host of players missing. We NEED a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom