Away Match Day Thread 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Kinniburgh summed it up if he doesn’t want to play for the club then get out of the club
Or words to that affect
He wants the best deal for Mark Sykes which is totally understandable, but the bit I don’t understand is, why he doesn’t say he’d love to stay if the deal was right.

He wants the best deal for Mark Sykes which is totally understandable, but the bit I don’t understand is, why he doesn’t say he’d love to stay if the deal was right.
perhaps he's aware that the club have made their considered fair deal for him and just wishes to keep his options open just a tad longer.

KR has some interesting motivation methods coming up:

“We play some lovely football at times but we have to take our chances when they come along. I thought some players underperformed and we have to take stock of that over the next few days and analise that."

Is Julian Alsop coming back as a consultant?

He wasn’t alone so did Nick Harris make comments and from what I’ve read others feel the same
I'm afraid it's getting harder and harder to listen to Nick Harris - fan, or no fan - he should be put out to pasture. He doesn't offer any insight and he's even struggling with one and two syllable names nowadays!

It boiled my P**s that after the game the Wycombe podcast twitter account "The Wycombe Way" started to interact with one of our fans who has autism, and lists AUTISM in their profile. They forwarded on tweets from this Oxford fan to their audience taking the mickey or as they called it "Banter" they were told that they were getting a bit excited with a fan with autism but chose to ignore it and continue.

That Oxford fan then closed his account to private and posted messages of not feeling great about the level of abuse he was getting.

This fan is quite well known and does engage with opposition fans and its usually done on both sides jovially.

This Wycombe podcast then continued press that it wasn't their fault, they didn't know he was autistic (so the abuse was acceptable) and that ultimately it was all a bit of fun ignoring the fact that they had put blood in the water to their audience and stood back. All while they have links to Wycombe football club itself- they're a shitty operation all round.

It boiled my P**s that after the game the Wycombe podcast twitter account "The Wycombe Way" started to interact with one of our fans who has autism, and lists AUTISM in their profile. They forwarded on tweets from this Oxford fan to their audience taking the mickey or as they called it "Banter" they were told that they were getting a bit excited with a fan with autism but chose to ignore it and continue.

That Oxford fan then closed his account to private and posted messages of not feeling great about the level of abuse he was getting.

This fan is quite well known and does engage with opposition fans and its usually done on both sides jovially.

This Wycombe podcast then continued press that it wasn't their fault, they didn't know he was autistic (so the abuse was acceptable) and that ultimately it was all a bit of fun ignoring the fact that they had put blood in the water to their audience and stood back. All while they have links to Wycombe football club itself- they're a shitty operation all round.

Yep.
My one and only comment on this but it’s become clear how big that homophobic thing has become due to a couple of idiotic teens trying to start a chant which didn’t materialise. Yet from the Wycombe perspective they’ve pitched invaded, goaded via subs from early on to get a bite and push Whyte and not one fucker has said a word. No surprise to see TVP let the Wycombe lad off with a caution.

Agendas and all that. KR was spot on what he said post match about it all on the radio.

Actually thought Sykes was our best player yesterday. Double the work rate of say McGuane.

Kinniburgh has constantly chipped at Sykes throughout his tenure; he clearly doesn’t rate him much.
Sykes was very weak. SK was spot on.

But McGuane was also weak. Compare how our midfield stood off and didn't tackle compared to Wycombe.

I've said before he [Agyei - my edit] and Matty appeared to have a telepathic understanding of what the other was doing and what run they would make all in a few brief minutes they were on the pitch together. Likewise his link up play down the right with Henry,Long,Sykes was pretty decent too and again this was in a just brief minutes when on the pitch together.

Much of the problem among our fanbase is that both he and Sam Winnall are expected to deliver in brief cameo appearances what Matty hasn't in the previous 70 odd + Minutes and bizarely when the supply also dries up.

Agree with your first paragraph. Not just the fanbase, tho that expected magic from him in 10 minute spells. Anyway, that boat has sunk.

Sykes was very weak. SK was spot on.

But McGuane was also weak. Compare how our midfield stood off and didn't tackle compared to Wycombe.
Disagree! He buzzed around well and was behind most of our (few) chances. Better than Cam as well, who, admittedly didn’t look 100%.

Yep.
My one and only comment on this but it’s become clear how big that homophobic thing has become due to a couple of idiotic teens trying to start a chant which didn’t materialise. Yet from the Wycombe perspective they’ve pitched invaded, goaded via subs from early on to get a bite and push Whyte and not one fucker has said a word. No surprise to see TVP let the Wycombe lad off with a caution.

Agendas and all that. KR was spot on what he said post match about it all on the radio.
it was a physical assault on Whyte, by a home 'supporter' .... no one , TVP, WWFC ...nor OUFC ....have said ,never mind done a thing about it .... and it should be captured on CCTV

Agree with all of your post @oxajh ..... especially the disgraceful non -action by the powers that be regarding Whyte being assaulted during the match

Last edited:
@OUSP Secretary I haven’t seen any mention in the local media here or the Wycombe area stating a Police intention to deal with the fan who barged into Whyte in the second half. He was allowed to retake his seat and wasn’t spoken to during the match. Plenty of coverage about the alleged homophobic comments and the pitch invader but not this moron. Perhaps you could pose the question to TVP on behalf of OUFC supporters, if not, let me know and I’ll approach them directly.

One "fan" won`t be going again - life ban.

To be fair it sounds like they are doing him a favour.

Disgusting behaviour all round. They may be better than us at the moment but when it comes to being an organisation they are the absolute pits.

I have more respect for the Swine than that shower.

Sykes was poor after a bright opening 20 minutes. He could easily have been one subbed and the only reason I can think he stayed on was his current goal scoring run. His general play was dreadful.

Bit of an extreme way to ensure you never have to watch Wycombe again....

I don’t suppose anyone has any video of the shove on Whyte or whether iFollow got it?

Wycombe have rightly banned one person from attending again. Perhaps there is another that needs a good talking to as well.

(This shouldn’t be viewed as a ‘well they started it’ post. A minority from both sets of fans are culpable for the negative headlines that came out of Saturday’s result.)

Just listened back to some of the commentary of the game. It was genuinely embarrassing listening to them complain about way they played? That was probably the easiest win they will have all season. And for me it is exactly why we will not go up, if we do make play offs we are going to have to beat a team like Wycombe , Rotherham or Wigan all way too street wise for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom