Away Match Build Up 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mousinho was able to play then I'm sure he would have during the Covid affected games - his legs have obviously gone and it looks like Robinson is reluctant to use him. I can't say I'd be happy to see him line up against Wycombe.

Given what I saw in both games last Saturday, I would would worry for Seddon and Long. Wycombe gave both full backs from Sunderland a hard time - particularly McCleary who likes to take the man on and cut back inside. Mehmeti, who looks a useful player, also drifted out to the right flank.

I'm sure Robinson will take this into account when selecting (!?!?).

Never a sentence I thought I’d see uttered on this forum.

I will be delighted if we come away with anything less than a 2 nil defeat
You’ll be ‘delighted’ if we lose 1-0 on Saturday?! I mean, respect to you, I’m sure that life must be enjoyable with that outlook, but I don’t think I’d be ‘delighted’ if we lost 1-0 to Real Madrid! Pleased, maybe… but delighted?!

Midfield three that could maybe work would be
McNally
Henry Sykes
Henry has experience Sykes likes a scrap and McNally would give the defence a good bit of protection he's good on the ball he's got hight but that would also offer us the chance to change to 3-5-2 or 5-3-2

Midfield three that could maybe work would be
McNally
Henry Sykes
Henry has experience Sykes likes a scrap and McNally would give the defence a good bit of protection he's good on the ball he's got hight but that would also offer us the chance to change to 3-5-2 or 5-3-2

I don't think it would be wise to expirement against a side as well-drilled and effective as Wycombe!

(Good general idea though)

I think they’ll target Sykes as he’s much less effective when already on a yellow card. Sad, that’s the sort of club they are.

Am amazed that people even suggest Mous.
He was past it at the end of last year let alone now.
PLUS
Henry against strong quick midfields - no, at best a wide man number 10
He days for us must be coming to an end - what does he offer now - no pace - no grit - no real passing ability - OK scores a goal and an assist now and again.

I'd prefer long at DM, than one of our regular CBs

Agree that they were typical 'Wycombe' goals but from what I've seen, the football has moved on - they have better players and do move the ball around a bit more, albeit they are not playing possession based football. They also have a distinct plan B, whereby the fat bloke comes on instead or alongside Vokes and they just pump it forward at every opportunity. It seems to work as they have managed some late equalisers recently.

They also concede slightly more goals than they did the the last time in League One.

We are 5 points better off than we were in 2019/20 after 26 games, scored 10 goals more and have not conceded more goals. You on the other hand are slightly worse off than you were in 2019/20.

We were also ahead of you in 2019/20 and are further ahead of you this season. Win on Saturday and we are 9 points clear, lose and your still 3 points behind with a game in hand.

We are 5 points better off than we were in 2019/20 after 26 games, scored 10 goals more and have not conceded more goals. You on the other hand are slightly worse off than you were in 2019/20.

We were also ahead of you in 2019/20 and are further ahead of you this season. Win on Saturday and we are 9 points clear, lose and your still 3 points behind with a game in hand.
In 2019/20 when the season was cut short weren't your lot 8th and I think we were 3rd after beating Shrewsbury we would have gone up automatically if the season wasn't stopped where as your team was dropping like a stone
Anyway could you as a Wycombe fan please explain what 2-1 on your big day out means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom