Away Match Day Thread 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably be playing the scum next season

Honestly, I wouldn't hate that - yes, it's fun lording over them from a higher league, but it's also actually exciting to play them too.

What gets me is that unless we turn it back around, we look like we'll be playing Frickin' Forest Green Rovers again next year. I thought we were done with them forever (barring the possibility of a cup tie) when we escaped the conference!

You have to question what the club's been doing recently. Half of January is already gone and we've known where the squad needs strengthening in November and December, so there's been plenty of time to prepare.
Why play in a much awaited shinny new stadium playing L1 football

I worry that we will not bring in anyone. If so, we can kiss goodbye to promotion, we’re just not strong enough.
I said pretty much this three weeks ago, and got shot down by Scotch Egg and his cohorts. And that was when I said we weren't good enough for the top two spots!!!!! Looks like we'll be doing well to stay in the play offs !!!!

We're doing fine for an average league one side, and I'm happy we're not in a relegation fight.

But to not be capable of beating any of the top six sides on a regular basis speaks volumes. And today was another six pointer and we could not do it.

Watch the replies come of: "oh but we'll come good" etc etc...

I said pretty much this three weeks ago, and got shot down by Scotch Egg and his cohorts. And that was when I said we weren't good enough for the top two spots!!!!! Looks like we'll be doing well to stay in the play offs !!!!

We're doing fine for an average league one side, and I'm happy we're not in a relegation fight.

But to not be capable of beating any of the top six sides on a regular basis speaks volumes. And today was another six pointer and we could not do it.

Watch the replies come of: "oh but we'll come good" etc etc...
Well said

You have to question what the club's been doing recently. Half of January is already gone and we've known where the squad needs strengthening in November and December, so there's been plenty of time to prepare.
I’m sure there’s plenty going on - his ‘no’ was more like ‘I’m not going to talk about that now’.

Amazing scenes, one week we're looking like heading for the Autos and a couple of results and we;re suddenly considered not good enough and the manager has to go.

Only at Oxford eh.
You have to ask why the poor performance ls in the last 3 weeks

* August. We knew we had no second left back option of any note at the start and still don’t.

What’s worrying is the lack of rumours. Normally there’s a few whispers but even the Ellis Harrison one has come and gone.

I fear that we need some exits in order to bring players in. No one wants Hanson or Agyei so if we’re stuck with them, we’re stuck on new recruits.

A LB, a DM and a forward. Sort those and we’ve at sorted three decent bits of the puzzle.

To save time this is what I posted after the Lincoln game.

I don't agree with those on here saying we just had an off day. After we beat MK there were those saying the next five games were crucial to ensuring we kicked on and consolidated our league position.

Of those five we won one, drew one, lost two and one was postponed. The victory came against a Wimbledon side who Boreham Wood turned over yesterday.

I don't think we've moved on from last season when we didn't make the grade. We have a team that is great to watch a lot of the time particularly at home and particularly against teams that aren't physically and don't press too much but we just don't have the qualities yet that will earn us promotion. So buying the right players in this transfer window is critical and it will tell us more about Robinson's limits (or otherwise) as a manager and the ambitions of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom