Away Match Day Thread 15/01/2022 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope....do it now...
Normally I'm an advocate for letting Karl go, but I don't think we'll bring anyone in at the moment who'll magically transform our chances with the players we have. Also, by the time we bring in a replacement, the window will probably be shut by then. Give him 'til the end of the season and see what happens. If he gets us promoted then fair play to him. If he doesn't then it's time to say he's taken us as far as he can.

Same old failings .
Why oh why did we try and hit long ball to Taylor for 70 minutes? He was totally in the pocket of their centre back . Too many not mentally or physically strong enough ....Again

Normally I'm an advocate for letting Karl go, but I don't think we'll bring anyone in at the moment who'll magically transform our chances with the players we have. Also, by the time we bring in a replacement, the window will probably be shut by then. Give him 'til the end of the season and see what happens. If he gets us promoted then fair play to him. If he doesn't then it's time to say he's taken us as far as he can.
No one can be suggesting we get rid of Karl now! Obviously in the future we might be able to get someone better, but they might just as easily turn out worse. Anyone who thinks there’s a magic wand can’t have been a supporter for long.

Maybe it was because Vokes was missing but I thought they played a lot more football today than a typical Wycombe side do. As much as it pains me to say it, they're a fair bit better side than us. The 'will' to defend - every time one of our players got the ball in an advanced position, there's 2/3/4 Wycombe players breaking their neck to get over and crowd him out/get a block in/make his path to goal more difficult. Why do we never seem to have the same mentality when it comes to defending?

The first 15 minutes of the second half, our defending was shocking.

McCleary should have scored when we left him completely on his own in the middle of the area; and then for the goal, both CBs came over to take the man with the ball, whoever it was that was tracking back from midfield (Cam?) did the same, and noone went with Hanlan - other than Seddon who was caught upfield and was stuck a good 10 yards behind him - who then had a ludicrous amount of space to just run in on goal.

If Wycombe had kept playing - rather than sitting back and protecting the two goal lead - then we could have been embarrassed today.

Maybe it was because Vokes was missing but I thought they played a lot more football today than a typical Wycombe side do. As much as it pains me to say it, they're a fair bit better side than us. The 'will' to defend - every time one of our players got the ball in an advanced position, there's 2/3/4 Wycombe players breaking their neck to get over and crowd him out/get a block in/make his path to goal more difficult. Why do we never seem to have the same mentality when it comes to defending?

They played very good football against Sunderland, so it shows they can mix it up, and play when they want to. They also know how to slow games down, and manage games out. They also threaten always from set pieces, and we can’t do any of those things at present.

It needs to be addressed asap, otherwise the season will pass us by.

KR should stay. We need 4 or 5 tougher players we have a great squad.but we nood something different for days like today.
How long can he continue if Karl doesn't sign them? It's not like he's not had enough windows to do that.

Really Karl because Wycombe put up fireworks for their win it shows how good we are?

KR should stay. We need 4 or 5 tougher players we have a great squad.but we nood something different for days like today.

He had the summer to sign these after being bullied by blackpool in the play offs, any other club would of got rid of him last season when we were flirting with relegation. Like I said he will get to the summer but if I was bakrie /thohir i would be looking at a new man to take us in to next season.

and iv been a supporter of kr when others were calling for his head......but now i think its time for a change...i think kr is too cosy with his long contract ...an error maybe on tigers part...but sadly i
think its time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom