Away Match Day Thread 13/01/2024 L1: Carlisle United v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
More confident of a win than I was a week ago, will be a critical month for us if we want to maintain a promotion push, let's start with 3 points against Carlisle!

Ah. You could well be right. There was a club that went bust during one of our Conference seasons (Rushden?) and their results were voided, I think

We played Rushden in conference playoff semi!

They came tumbling down some 2-3 years after. Their phoenix club has disappeared almost out of sight, relegated from Southern Premier last season.

A great win but again, against a poor side.

So far in the league, Des has beaten:

Burton (19th)
Cambridge (16th)
Charlton (13th)
Carlisle (23rd)

Don’t get me wrong, you’ve got to beat the teams below you and if we can go on a run of wins that’s great, but I’ll really start to believe if we can beat one of those top 7 sides who seem to be pulling away…

Do you get more points for beating a top 7 side?

Are they pulling away? We appear to be 5th?

View attachment 17403
Right on the line, great call from the assistant ref! VAR might have overturned it but either way it's not clear and obvious.

Shout-out of Stevens for seeing the pass and threading it through the gap perfectly first touch for Harris to run on to. That takes real skill.
Yeah I’ve been a big critic of Stevens, but that was a genuinely world class first time pass. If Debruyne had played that pass, we’d never hear the end of it from sky pundits!

He certainly looks better as a wing back

View attachment 17403
Right on the line, great call from the assistant ref! VAR might have overturned it but either way it's not clear and obvious.

Shout-out of Stevens for seeing the pass and threading it through the gap perfectly first touch for Harris to run on to. That takes real skill.
In Paul Simpson's post match IV, he stated the linesman had said the full back was playing Harris on, which appears to be the case judging by this screen shot. Cracking call by the linesman. It is easy to criticise officials, but we also have to praise them when it is due too. Well done lino!

Back
Top Bottom