Away Match Day Thread 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve managed to get a look at Des’ pre-match speech:

"Sons of Oxford! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me… A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of OUFC comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of Oxford!

Oxfordians! My brothers of the ball! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are Oxes! Do you know what's waiting beyond that pitch? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Listen to me!

Stand your ground!

Fight for honor!

Fight for the man beside you,

Fight for those who bore you!

Fight for your children!

Fight for your future!

Fight for your name! Survive!

Fight.....For immortality!

Let us write history with Devonian blood!”

IMG_7592.jpeg

Just having a beer πŸ˜‰
So that was you who disturbed my slumbers! Bloody football hooligans!
Waking up now in Topsham, ready to descend to the restaurant for a full english. The weather is not quite as desired but ok. Chatting to one of the waiters in choice of eating establishments yesterday and he was highly complimentary of Exeters season. "Best they've played for a long time" - He looked about 12 but remembered playing us in the conference!
Topsham is a lovely place, if we do end up in league 1 next season then another visit with overnight stay will be booked. The hotel even upgraded us to a suite! (Didn't tell us it was on the top floor and no lift though!)

I hope we can win, and that one of the others mucks it up. It’s definitely possible.

However, to manage my own expectations, I’m working on the basis that we’ll either win comfortably, but so will Lincoln and Barnsle, or that we’ll all lose.

Might watch from behind the sofa.

Waking up now in Topsham, ready to descend to the restaurant for a full english. The weather is not quite as desired but ok. Chatting to one of the waiters in choice of eating establishments yesterday and he was highly complimentary of Exeters season. "Best they've played for a long time" - He looked about 12 but remembered playing us in the conference!
Topsham is a lovely place, if we do end up in league 1 next season then another visit with overnight stay will be booked. The hotel even upgraded us to a suite! (Didn't tell us it was on the top floor and no lift though!)

Sign of getting old, is that.

Hoping we leave everything on the pitch today. If we win but it turns out to be too late and we’ve missed the boat, so be it.

Can’t undo what has already been done, so just make us proud and give us that one final throw of the dice. Who knows where it might lead.

COYY’s

One thing I *don’t* think will happen is that it’ll all be clear what’s happening across all three matches by the 60 minute mark.

It’s going to be a nervy last half of the seaso.

Give us a report on the Full English ! ( No baked beans, hash browns or black pudding hopefully !) Yuk.

Give us a report on the Full English ! ( No baked beans, hash browns or black pudding hopefully !) Yuk.
All included, apparently. I'm up for that, proper start to the day. Might have to sample the fan zone later, they have a list of ciders that looks very interesting.

All included, apparently. I'm up for that, proper start to the day. Might have to sample the fan zone later, they have a list of ciders that looks very interesting.
Also waking up in Topsham. Also full English pending. Train to St James Park at 10:37. Plenty of time for a beer. 😊

We’re right in the centre of town, also looking forward to the full English. Weather dull but dry and hoping the game is as good as last season here.

Also waking up in Topsham. Also full English pending. Train to St James Park at 10:37. Plenty of time for a beer. 😊
We'll be on the same train! This will be a perfect example of getting to the new stadium, when it happens! Topsham to St.James and back, x2 people = Β£8.60. No need for the car and, as you say (so wisely) time for a beer (or cider) before the game!

So, to clarify, we need 1 of 3 possible scenarios to qualify for the playoffs:

1) We beat Exeter, and either Lincoln (v Pompey) or Barnsley (v Cobblers) drop points.

2) We draw, either Lincoln or Barnsley lose, and Blackpool drop points (v Reading)

3) We, Lincoln and Barnsley all win, but we win by a high-enough number of goals to overhaul Lincoln's superior goal difference.

Is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom