Ex Player #11 Joey Beauchamp RIP

So upset. Have my 1995 shirt with Beauchamp on the back on. That goal away to Swansea in 2001 I think, at The Vetch. Bliss. RIP.

From tears of joy of a football match to tears of absolute pain. Joey was always in the hearts of every Oxford fan of a certain age, if only we could have told him how much he was loved. The fragility of life is so precious and we never realise it until it's gone.
He was such a special footballing talent, and so so sad for his family. I'm sure a little bit of all us was lost today. RIP. I know some memories will never die.

Destroyed the happiness with the win today. Was at that Blackpool game and it summed up how he played. that day. 89 minutes of nonentity play, then the one minute of pure unadulterated football magic. He did that again and again and he could lift the dullest game when he went on a run I have followed United around 75 years now and he was one of the most exciting players we ever had wen he was on his day. he was the very best crowd pleaser we have ever had.

I was waiting for official confirmation before comments because I really don't like these things being openly discussed before friends and family have been informed. Not because I'm a sad bastard like one idiot has said, but because I believe that everyone, let alone a club legend, deserves the greatest respect at these times.

I was lucky enough to see Joey come through the ranks before become arguably our greatest ever home grown talent. He was good enough to play at the very top, including representing his country, but his mental health held him back. I was lucky enough to be able to sponsor Joey in Mickey Lewis Memorial game and have the last yellow shirt he wore signed and framed at home. My heart felt condolences go out to his family, his children and all those who knew him

And please, if anyone is struggling or knows of anyone who is going through hard times, just take a moment to reach out. Males suicide is the biggest cause of death for the under 50's and help and support is out there. Please, please take care tonight.
Just to let you know it was Joey’s brother that let people know not some idle speculation.

Devastated and absolutely gutted. God bless you Joey and condolences to all the family and friends. True Legend and thank you for all the memories, you will be forever in our hearts. πŸ’›πŸ’™

OMG Can’t believe this tragic news, he played for Summertown Stars, the year below the team my dad managed, was born and bred in Cuttleslowe, fantastic and truly gifted player, very very sad news indeed, he must have been in a very dark place, hope you rest in peace mate XXX😒😒😒

Very sad and sobering - think I'm right in saying his goal (the only one of the game) v Blackpool in '96 was voted best-ever Utd goal at the Manor - a 35 yard screamer into the top corner which earned us promotion over them ! (after they had spoiled for a draw). R.I.P Joey

Such terrible, tragic news.
I know he had his problems post football and I think he recently split with his wife. But those poor kids!
So sad to think that one of our legends was feeling so low. Makes me so sad.

I remember watching Joey play and every time he touched the ball you felt something was going to happen he was, at times unplayable. One of my favourite all time players. Absolutely gutted!

R.I.P Joey.

Back
Top Bottom