Ex Player #11 Joey Beauchamp RIP

I am absolutely devastated. He was the best. Such natural, God given talent. Could have gone all the way if the sliding doors moments were in his favour. RIP you will be loved and remembered FOREVER.

Last edited:
post from yellow army fb page ...

Tonight the Oxford United family are mourning a true legend.
At an appropriate home game alongside the Fanatics and OxVox, we will organise a big tribute to honour one of our all time greats. Any contributions welcome via the link below
💛
💙

#OUFC #RipJoey
https://linktr.ee/Oxfordfanatics

I this is to soon to mention please feel free to delete mods

A truly special talent I hope the club will consider a memorial game featuring players he has played alongside,!raise some money for his family.
Once again can’t believe it R. I. P.

I will never forget the perfection of the player that gifted within the toes of the imperfect humanity that was Joey.

Joey was everything to me as a child. He played at the same local boys club that I did. He played in the same position as me. He carried the same smaller physique. He was equally as hopeless in the air. He graced the green rectangle that was my temple. He epitomized everything I dreamt of being. He defined everything that made my childhood days at the Manor adrenaline induced ecstasy. The sheer tremor of excitement that reverberated around the ground whenever he received the ball even in his own half.

And then…just the sheer magic, unknowing and disproportionate level of talent that he then waved with yellow and blue wizardry. Iconic legendary moments over and over and over again.

Thank you Joey Beauchamp 1971-2022

This is so, so sad, what a player.

For those not fortunate enough to see him play in the flesh, just a brief glimpse of his talent.

Please RIP, he was a hero for some of us, watching him go down that wing. People talk of legends of the club. He was a true legend. He had a lovely family, only spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. Shedding a genuine tear for the player.
"Joey, Joey Beauchamp, Joey Beauchamp on the wing"

Back
Top Bottom