General Joey Beauchamp Cambridge match

OUSP

Oxford United Supporters Panel member
Joey's family has confirmed they would like a minute's applause before the match. @OxVox has suggested singing Joey's song on 11 minutes, which would be fantastic.
The Fanatics fundraiser towards a display is going brilliantly, so it is setting up to be a superb tribute. They need lots of people in the East Stand to make it work well so please encourage friends and family to come along to the East Stand. The ticket office will be encouraging this to any callers.
A Book of Condolence has been opened, please share your messages there. It will eventually be printed for his daughters.

@OUSP Secretary, I've had an idea for something a bit more permanent to remember Joey, would you be able to speak to the club and find out if it would be possible to have a fans' 5-a-side competition to be held at the training ground? The charity game held in Mickey Lewis' memory was a fantastic occasion, but there wasn't much we as supporters could get involved in. Joey was one of our own, and I think this may be a good way to remember him and raise some money in his memory.

My thoughts were that if the club were happy to host, it could be a yearly thing. Two competitions, one for any entrants, and a second for 'seniors' (45+ or 50+) so I could have a run around and not get humiliated by a load of 'kids' ;)

Rosie and Alan Judge ran a really good tournament at The Manor to mark it's closing, something similar would be perfect. Would something like this firstly be workable from the club point of view? I think a lot of teams would be interested in this kind of occasion.

@OUSP Secretary, I've had an idea for something a bit more permanent to remember Joey, would you be able to speak to the club and find out if it would be possible to have a fans' 5-a-side competition to be held at the training ground? The charity game held in Mickey Lewis' memory was a fantastic occasion, but there wasn't much we as supporters could get involved in. Joey was one of our own, and I think this may be a good way to remember him and raise some money in his memory.

My thoughts were that if the club were happy to host, it could be a yearly thing. Two competitions, one for any entrants, and a second for 'seniors' (45+ or 50+) so I could have a run around and not get humiliated by a load of 'kids' ;)

Rosie and Alan Judge ran a really good tournament at The Manor to mark it's closing, something similar would be perfect. Would something like this firstly be workable from the club point of view? I think a lot of teams would be interested in this kind of occasion.
good call

As long as I don't have to play …
Seriously, a great idea. We will put it to the club in due course - focus this week is on getting everyone through Saturday

Joey's family has confirmed they would like a minute's applause before the match. @OxVox has suggested singing Joey's song on 11 minutes, which would be fantastic.
The Fanatics fundraiser towards a display is going brilliantly, so it is setting up to be a superb tribute. They need lots of people in the East Stand to make it work well so please encourage friends and family to come along to the East Stand. The ticket office will be encouraging this to any callers.
A Book of Condolence has been opened, please share your messages there. It will eventually be printed for his daughters.
I don't wish to be ignorant but us fans of a certain age could someone tell us the words to.joeys song please as I say I don't want to.be disrespectful and would be more than happy to join in with singing his song and taking the roof off on the 11th minute on Saturday

Any ideas on what the gofundme cash will be buying in display terms? a huge picture of joey or? saturdays going to be some occasion marking and celebrating the life of such a talented player and oxford legend doesnt make it any easier to deal with thoughts go out to his family and children

I don't wish to be ignorant but us fans of a certain age could someone tell us the words to.joeys song please as I say I don't want to.be disrespectful and would be more than happy to join in with singing his song and taking the roof off on the 11th minute on Saturday
“Joey, Joey Beauchamp, Joey Beauchamp on the Wing”

Put to the music of this:
1645572336234.jpeg

@OUSP Secretary Hi, I cant make it back to the UK due to Covid restrictions, however there are a lot of us foreign based Exiles that will want to watch the celebration of Joey before the game. Can we ensure its covered on iFollow for this exceptional occasion, or transmitted on Youtube, etc?

@OUSP Secretary Hi, I cant make it back to the UK due to Covid restrictions, however there are a lot of us foreign based Exiles that will want to watch the celebration of Joey before the game. Can we ensure its covered on iFollow for this exceptional occasion, or transmitted on Youtube, etc?
Not sure about iFollow, but the club have cameras about the place for their 'thing you might have missed' videos, they can certainly be used to capture it all for the Exiles.

It might be worth dropping an email or tweet to Chris Williams or Liam Potter from the media team. They are excellent and I'm sure that they'll ensure that the build up to the game and celebration of Joey are covered as much as they possibly can.

Huge occasion, hopefully last night's results will help push the attendance to 10k or thereabouts.

If you normally sit in another stand consider moving your ticket for game only to the East stand.

And let's hope the lads can win it for Joey, Cambridge has hit some form recently.

Back
Top Bottom