Ex Player #11 Joey Beauchamp RIP

Very very sad news, one of our greatest. At times he was unplayable, and I will never forget that evening at the Manor when he turned West Hams Julian Dicks inside out.

RIP Joey.

Very very sad news, one of our greatest. At times he was unplayable, and I will never forget that evening at the Manor when he turned West Hams Julian Dicks inside out.

RIP Joey.
Beech Road touchline, left Dicks for dead. Amazing piece of skill.

Absolutely tragic and puts everything into perspective. I was buzzing earlier but couldn't care less about the result now really. I didn't really start following Oxford until my teens when we moved to the Kassam but would have seen him play at the Manor as well and am more than aware of his talents.

I've got a couple of kids myself, younger than Joey's. I can't imagine the place you have to be in where this is the best option, it must be absolutely horrendous. I only hope if anyone else is struggling something like this pushes them to reach out and get help.

RIP Joey, genuine Oxford legend. Hopefully he'll have a stand named after him at the new stadium.

Truely shocked at this, I remember watching joey destroy Sunderland at the manor as a young lad, he was the best player I have very watched in an Oxford shirt. I was gutted when he left for West Ham, and even more fucked off when he went to swindon. He came on against Oxford at the county ground and I will admit I was not very polite to him! But as I grew older the realisation was that his move to West Ham allowed Oxford to continue as a club…… and the most cherished, and best memory will always be when he resigned for Oxford was when he scored at the cuckoo lane end against the scum and wheeled away in front of them. He was well above our level, he was England material, even if he didn’t know it himself. A truely gifted baller who maybe did not hit the heights he should have given his talents but as an Oxford Fan gave me some of the best experiences, far too good for us, he just didn’t know it. RIP Joey

Swindon fan, cheered Joey at the County Ground and booed him at the Manor. Why? Because he was a brilliant footballer and always better when he was on your side. So sad to hear the news, thoughts will be with you when you pay your respects at your next game, we will rightly do likewise. Healthy rivalry is a good thing but there are much bigger things. RIP Joey.

Very, very sad. The most naturally talented player I have seen in 48 years of watching Oxford United. Fantastic player. Such a sad loss. Condolences to his family.

Such a special talent. All these YouTube videos taking me right back to where I stood on the Beech Road Terrace (level with the edge of the box) as a young kid.

Thank you for all the fantastic memories Joey, the goal at Tranmere will always hold a special place in my heart 💛

RIP Joey x

• React
Reactions: MJB
Swindon fan, cheered Joey at the County Ground and booed him at the Manor. Why? Because he was a brilliant footballer and always better when he was on your side. So sad to hear the news, thoughts will be with you when you pay your respects at your next game, we will rightly do likewise. Healthy rivalry is a good thing but there are much bigger things. RIP Joey.
Means a lot tonight mate

Desperate, desperate news. Rivalries set aside for things like this. Love to all.
Thanks lads, very kind of you, and much appreciated 👏👏

Back
Top Bottom